Vizio Update Service not working

rssmith1983

Sep 17, 2012
I have a VTAB1008 running android 2.XX which will not let me use the VIZIO Update Service under "About Tablet" to update the device/SW. When i attempt to update using the service it kicks the error ' Sub-system has not been initialized, do you want to try again? ' And asks me to restart. I've restarted multiple times and have done a factory reset 2 ways.

Anyone have suggestions?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
A shot in the dark here but try this. Go to settings - apps - all. Find CMClient and tap it then tell it to clear cache, force stop and restart your tab. Do the same thing for DMClient then try checking for the update again.

rssmith1983

Sep 17, 2012
I don't have a CMClient or DMClient listed under apps/manage/all.
I'm running Android 2.3.2 and want to upgrade 3.2.X. I have an HP touchpad which i have rooted and run Cynogenmod and update manually, I would love to hack this VTAB and run my own versions but i can't find any information or files to support my wants.

rssmith1983

Sep 17, 2012
I don't have a CMClient or DMClient listed under apps/manage/all.
I'm running Android 2.3.2 and want to upgrade 3.2.X. I have an HP touchpad which i have rooted and run Cynogenmod and update manually, I would love to hack this VTAB and run my own versions but i can't find any information or files to support my wants.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I guess I can't remember back to 2.3.2. ;)

It is a shame Vizio is providing such slim support for their tablets. Wish I could be more help.