Vizio vs Coby Kyros

gonzo88

Oct 29, 2011
i've had my Vtab for about 3 weeks now and it been good so far. the only issue has been the the internal memory limit thats suppose to be resolved in the next upgrade. as of now has not been a big problem. i just saw a Coby Kyros 10.1" Android 2.3 mid1125 for about the same price and it looks nice. does anybody have some experience with this Tablet? how would you compare it to the Vizio vtab1008? i mostly use my Vtab for web surfing, movies and streaming live sports so Flash support is a big plus. i also like the fact that i can connect my vtab to my LCD TV.

So should i stick with the Vizio or return it and give the Coby a try? any input would be appreciated, thanks.

Rawkfist

Nov 14, 2011
I'm thinking of getting the Vtab as well. Will honeycomb be released for it? And to answer your question...I would stay far away from Coby. I bought an mp3 player from them. It was completely unusable. It had so many hardware and software glitches it wasn't even funny. Music would stop playing suddenly. Trying to use the navigation buttons was a nightmare...the selector would jump around. Maybe I got a lemon. I'm not a picky person when it comes to electronics, and I'm easily impressed, but Coby was awful. It was a free gift so not much to complain about.

Teatime

Nov 2, 2011
i've had my Vtab for about 3 weeks now and it been good so far. the only issue has been the the internal memory limit thats suppose to be resolved in the next upgrade. as of now has not been a big problem. i just saw a Coby Kyros 10.1" Android 2.3 mid1125 for about the same price and it looks nice. does anybody have some experience with this Tablet? how would you compare it to the Vizio vtab1008? i mostly use my Vtab for web surfing, movies and streaming live sports so Flash support is a big plus. i also like the fact that i can connect my vtab to my LCD TV.

So should i stick with the Vizio or return it and give the Coby a try? any input would be appreciated, thanks.

It's ironic because I decided to buy the Coby Kyros because I've had such a good experience with my Coby MP3 player! Paid $25 for it four years ago and it's still going strong while the expensive Ipod I bought for my son barely lasted a year. Go figure!

Anyhoo, I'm not clear on why the OP wants to switch? Walmart lowered the price on the Vizio and I was looking at it, too, but I went with the Kyros. (I have the 7-inch Kyros 7022. I don't want a large tablet.) Don't misunderstand -- I love my Kyros and would recommend it to anyone but I'm not clear on why the OP wants to get the Kyros instead. It does great with vids and games, plus it has the HDMI slot, too. I need to get a mini-HDMI cable to try out that feature but others have said it works well with their TVs.

marvin02

Aug 25, 2011

Some reading:

Root Thread for VTAB

SD Card Mod Thread for VTAB