VPN Connections They will not save?

jazzback

Dec 26, 2010
Help... tring to create a VPN Connection on my Tablet...Here is the steps i done...

1 Tapped Menu
2 Tapped Settings
3Tapped wireless and networks
4 tapped vpn
5 tapped add l2tp VPN (Type of Vpn we use).
6 edited VPN Name
7 Set VPN Server ip address
8 enabled and entered l2tp Secret.
9 added dns search domain
10 clicked menu
11 click save

comes back to VPN Screen but no VPN's are saved. What am i doing wrong?

i am doing this from out side the enterprise network. running sonicwall ns3500.

jazzback

Dec 26, 2010
Forgot to mention tried in 2.1 and after manual upgrade to 2.2 same error (Running 2.2 now).

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
What am i doing wrong?

Maybe nothing wrong, this device is just quirky. Not a lot of experience with the VPN connection application has been posted but if you're willing here's something you could try and let us know if there is any success.

In this firmware update, for another infoTM device, in the "firmware-discovery" archive within the "system.tar" is an /app folder where there is an updated VpnServices.apk application that can be installed on an updated 2.2 Sylvania device.

Warning: The firmware update is for another hardware version infoTM device.

However, some of the 10" infoTM devices are releasing updated 2.2 firmwares and with the Sylvania update being named Beta it's possible some of the applications included in the manual update have been fixed/updated. OR, they could just be the same quirky applications optimized for a 10" display.

Attempting to install one application should not cause any harm to test to see if it will allow the VPN feature to work properly, if it's an application issue and not something else.

Update: VpnServices.apk has been attached as a zip.

Download the update and open the archive then expand "firmware-discovery" and then the "system.tar" which will produce the /system folders. In the /app folder there is a newer VpnServices.apk.

This newer version could be either installed or pasted over the existing application in the /system/app folder. Be sure to maintain the proper Permissions and Properties. It is recommended to clear the dalvik-cache folder /data/dalvik-cache/* and then reboot the device prior to launching the newly installed application. The boot will take longer as the folder is rebuilt but it seems clear settings of the previous application. Good luck.

Attachments

• $VpnServices.zip
    19.2 KB · Views: 494
Last edited: