VTAB Shortage? What's it mean?

jjinga

Dec 30, 2011
Sounds like low supply and really high, unexpected, demand for the Holidays.

My guess is that you hit the nail on the head. DEMAND being the big word here. Kept checking at 2 local Walmarts before Christmas and I would just miss it every time. I refused to pay $600+ for a ipad. I researched all tablets near and far on the internet and retail stores nearby between $100-$200. By far this was the best bang for the buck. Was told at Brandsmart that some of their below $200 android tablets were bad about freezing up. Vizio has not let me down yet!!!

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
My guess is that you hit the nail on the head. DEMAND being the big word here. Kept checking at 2 local Walmarts before Christmas and I would just miss it every time. I refused to pay $600+ for a ipad. I researched all tablets near and far on the internet and retail stores nearby between $100-$200. By far this was the best bang for the buck. Was told at Brandsmart that some of their below $200 android tablets were bad about freezing up. Vizio has not let me down yet!!!

Yeah, honestly the no name tablets, although with a bit of clever work and dedication can be solid tablets, in general won't give the kind of reliable performance you can expect from the Vizio.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

Fishtank

Nov 30, 2011
well I had to send my, tablet back because the micro usb port was lose and would not charge and they don't even have any refurbished one to replace it with, wish they would have told me that before I sent it in to them, it has been a month and they still have not replaced the thing yet, they said they had more coming but they could not give me an eta of when

At least you're a month further up in the line when new stocks do come in. If it couldn't accept a charge, it was nothing but a paperweight anyway.

southsound

Dec 3, 2011
Prediction for what it's worth... Monday, January 9 is the start of CES - the Consumer Electronics Show - in Las Vegas. If Vizio were to bring out a new model, possibly just like the VTAB1008 but with more memory, that would be a great venue. A VTAB with 16gb of memory would set things on fire! Other possible changes would be an update to Android (my guess would be that they are going directly to ICS) and possibly a processor upgrade, either faster single core or a dual core. By next week we'll know if any of this is going to happen soon, but I know that most all of us are wanting something great from Vizio.