VTAB1008 Android 3.2.1

kroels

Mar 6, 2012
Okay, I am running Honeycomb on VTAB1008.

SN TFCILAAM2931475

Android 3.2.1

Kernel 2.6.35.7+

Just got the update notification and loaded it without a seocnd thought - dangerous I know. My tablet was not rooted so I am running stock everything. I'm going to take a few hours and try all my stuff out before reporting back.

james23p

Nov 15, 2011
I to just uploaded the honeycomb update and from the little I see I love it! Thanks Vizio.

Just to add the tablet seems faster and the back and home keys seem more responsive.

Jim

rmleonard

Nov 18, 2011
Downloading now...
we'll see...

UPDATE: (#1) :
getting "android.process.acore" errors... I used to get them every now and then, but now it seems that every few minutes I am getting it....
More investigation needed.... (some of the internet forums say to factory wipe a device to get rid of error - ouch)

Rich

Last edited:

kroels

Mar 6, 2012
First glance, everything I had installed stilled worked w/o modifications: Facebook, Amazon/MP3/Kindle/Market, Google/Market/+/Gmail, OneNote, Ebay, Evernote, etc. The only think I had to do so far was to re-do my settings for the generic Email client to go to my generic POP account in the sky.

I notice B&N Nook, Books, Hulu+, Movie Studio and Videos on there, couldnot remember if they all existed before the update or not.

Seems a bit snappier performance-wise.

Notifications actually works like you want it to now.

I need a good way to test an see if the external card is used the "right" way by any apps now, willing to take suggestions...

kroels

Mar 6, 2012
Sorry for the confusion - Books, Movies, Market all changed to "Play (Books, Movies or Market) to fit Googles new naming after I updated all the apps.

HydroCarbon

Oct 21, 2011
How long does the update take? Downloaded update, followed on screen prompts, now hung at "V" start screen.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Finally! I'm not breaking root until I know more though. Glad you guys are happy so far.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I need a good way to test an see if the external card is used the "right" way by any apps now, willing to take suggestions...

Find an app that requires and SD card and try installing it/using it without an SD card inserted. If the app works then it is using the "vizio sd card" and not the real sd card. If it gives you a notification to insert an SD card then it is using the external SD card "the right way."

JP

drum4ever

Dec 2, 2011
Took maybe 3 or 4 minutes from the V logo. layout is changed a bit. Control buttons are different. Notification bar is at bottom and shortcut bar at top. SD card shows in memory and old sdcard status is now onboard storage BUT I still cant move apps to SD card with native software, only between tablet and onboard storage. Haven't tried a 3rd party installer yet. Someone with a BT keyboard needs to test for compatibility. Things are laid out a bit better. Still testing though. Apps written for a different size screen put an icon next to the clock to zoom or stretch to fit. stay tuned....

drum4ever

Dec 2, 2011
All the app to Sd installers I have tried just go to the default tablet or onboard storage install options.

The news and weather app went away. No big deal but I am downloading other news readers now.

Last edited:

nicklovell23

Feb 7, 2012
Its snappier and the layout is better, I have tried the previously attempted root methods and they are all still a no go so lets hope we get honeycomb rooted...

Luckygoof

Nov 13, 2011
I have two problems so far. After the update I couldn't unlock the tab. I use the draw a pattern lock method, but could not see the dots to unlock until I Looked real close. Things are overlapped vertically and my cursoris going all over the place