VTAB1008 Android 3.2.1

Martel

Nov 14, 2011
I tried restoring to factory defaults to get mine to update and it didn't work. So I guess I wait. Pretty excited. I think the only thing I will miss is is the flash I had to sideload

kaos420

Jan 27, 2012
My wife's updated. Idk I'm really not feeling it. Browser is about it. If it doesn't get root I'm staying on. 56

Sent From My Rooted VTAB1008 Using Tapatalk

drum4ever

Dec 2, 2011
Widget board holds when you close an app now so you don't have to rerun it after every app ( made it useless before). I use folder editor to add application folders to the 5 widget screens. Still won't boot to it but one click away from somewhat configurable screens without loading a launcher. I put a few choice apps and widget board in the favorites folder on the start screen (so I guess its 2 clicks). Widget board held through several app runs but vtab rebooted when I exited widget board to main screen. Still some bugs but better.

Zina_berry

Dec 5, 2011
Well this kinda sorta sucks. Earlier I got a notification that the update was available. I indicated later bcz I wanted to check here first. Now I can't find it anywhere that I can download from. The settings tell me the device is up to date and no updates are available. Grrrrr!

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

mburwen

Mar 1, 2012
The good news is that performance is better. Bad news is that I lost all my bookmarks and can't figure out how to put them back on a home screen. In normal Honeycomb, there is a plus sign in the upper right corner. Pressing on it lets you add bookmarks, shortcuts, etc. LauncherPro, which I used under 2.3 works, but the app icons are too small for my taste. If anyopne knows how to get bookmarks onto a home screen, I'd appreciate the advice.

alucard9114

Dec 12, 2011

alucard9114

Dec 12, 2011
The good news is that performance is better. Bad news is that I lost all my bookmarks and can't figure out how to put them back on a home screen. In normal Honeycomb, there is a plus sign in the upper right corner. Pressing on it lets you add bookmarks, shortcuts, etc. LauncherPro, which I used under 2.3 works, but the app icons are too small for my taste. If anyopne knows how to get bookmarks onto a home screen, I'd appreciate the advice.

Some launchers let you change the size of icon rows which makes them smaller the more rows you have and bigger the less rows you have.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

alucard9114

Dec 12, 2011
I'm with you kaos did your rooted tablet say you got 2.0 or does it still say 1.5 like mine?

alucard9114

Dec 12, 2011
Try over the air root keeper when you do your updates guys/girls!!!!!!

dsmmrm

Jan 12, 2012
Still 1.5 for mine

Sent From My Rooted VTAB1008 Using Tapatalk

Whatever criteria they are using for the rollout I can confirm that it is NOT the serial number. Mine is numerically lower than the original poster and I still have no update available.

kaos420

Jan 27, 2012
Whatever criteria they are using for the rollout I can confirm that it is NOT the serial number. Mine is numerically lower than the original poster and I still have no update available.
lol im update frozen bud. im not taking it till root is accomplished. Im rooted not loosing it. my wifes got it though. played with it some. i like some things hate others.