VTL.Launcher for tablets

Taurus

Jan 18, 2011
I came acrossed this launcher the other day and I gotta say I'm really liking it. It works fantastic with CyanogenMod 7.0 and its tablet tweaks (I imagine Soft Keys or Button Savior would not work so well with it but who knows). The shortcut docks are along the bottom and sides and accomodate Apps, Bookmarks, Shortcuts and Folders. They are also scrollable which allows you to put quite a few if you like and frees up the center of the homescreen for plenty of widgets or your wallpaper and what not. It's only in beta at the moment but it's been working great for me so far.

Application Thread

Project Homepage

VTLLauncher5.png

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I didn't see your screenshot yet on my thread, a sticky over at themes and wallpapers, I can't believe you didn't post one yet! I want yo try this launcher. I'm curious to see if it's good with my setting.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

Last edited:

Taurus

Jan 18, 2011
I didn't see your screenshot yet on my thread, a sticky over at themes and wallpapers, I can't believe you didn't post one yet! I want yo try this launcher. I'm curious to see if it's good with my setting.

Hey Gloria, no I haven't posted a screenshot yet. Before I got my Nook I was over in your thread quite a bit enjoying the nice screens and was looking forward to posting mine. But when I did get my Nook there was so much fun stuff to do that I forgot to even take a screenshot. Then I installed a CyanogenMod ROM and I understand that there is a problem with taking screenshots, so that's where I am now:)

Looks cool, but VTL.Launcher « VEGAn-TAB is dead.. Post the .apk?

The link seems to be working now. Are you still having trouble? Here's the apk file

View attachment 2127Nook Color running CyanogenRom CM7-Build #39 w/Tablet Tweaks and VLT Launcher

Lookin' good kabbie. How do you like it so far?

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
Interesting.. It's like a hybrid of Zeam and ADW, but it's more ladscape friendly.. Might be a keeper.

Taurus

Jan 18, 2011
Yeah it's based on the ADW source code so that's why it's so similar. I have only tried Zeam briefly and don't really remember it so I can't really compare the two.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Interesting.. It's like a hybrid of Zeam and ADW, but it's more ladscape friendly.. Might be a keeper.

Ok, it looked good and this comment has got me piqued, so here goes nothing.

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
It's kind of like a Zeam theme for ADW.. It's got ADW's menu system and options, but it's got Zeam's cool reflected and scrollable icon dock.. If there was one thing I disliked about going from Zeam to ADW, it was the loss of that. This gives it back, plus it adds it to the right and left sides of the screen. That's kind of wonky right now, but it might be useful for some things.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
You are exactly right. After a whole 10 seconds in the launcher, I can see how it is a cross of the two. On CM7 I have been using ADW and not liking being restricted to 5 dock apps after getting use to Zeam. The VTL website says it is based on ADW so you can see that influence as far as everything else. I think I am going to have to load up the bottom and sides and use it for a while.

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
Mine looks like a Christmas tree already hahahaha And yeah, that 5 icon dock of ADW is pathetic. 5 might be ok for a phone, but it's ridiculous on a tablet. I'm not sure how I feel about the black gradient around the wallpaper on VTL.. I understand why it's there, but it's kind of weird for me.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Does anybody know how to change the dock bar spacing so the icons are closer together?

Taurus

Jan 18, 2011
The launcher has been updated this week. Now at version 1.6.2. Version 1.6.0 included a lot of new features such as changing icon size in the dock bar and removing dock bar reflections. JP, not sure if you can change the spacing in the dock bar but you might want to try fiddling with size of the icons in the docks to see if you can get it the way you want.

The latest version is now available in Market for $2.99 and free for xda members in the application thread (link in original post).

Any pre-1.6 versions must be installed before installing the new version so be sure to backup your settings and desktop configuration if you want to keep them.

V.1.6.2 bugfix release:
-Fixed bug that was causing FC's on Honeycomb Devices.

V.1.6.1 bugfix release:
-Fixed bug in app drawer with Setup Catalog Button not working.
-Added rotation capabilities and saved state to the Setup Catalog App List.

V.1.6.0 Changelog:
-Moved from Beta to Stable.
-App Drawer Performance Improvements.
-New Package name to force reinstall on proper app signing to prepare for Market.
-Added Individual Dock Controls for Icon Sizing Per Orientation (really large icons could look pixelated).
-Added Dock background and corner graphic scaling based on icon size.
-Added The Ability to Add/Remove the Bottom Dock. Side Docks Expand to claim the gap left.
-Added Individual Dock Controls for Background/Reflection. -Added Individual Dock Controls for whether a dock should be displayed with the app drawer.
-Added the Ability to Lock Orientation either Landscape/Portrait for persistence option.
-Added Icon Changing for User Folders. New Icons then show up on desktop and in Docks.
-Added a Revert to Default option for Icon Changes on items.
-Added UnCataloged Catalog for items which you haven't placed in a catalog. New apps land here.
-Added Quick Action Item to choose Catalog.
-Added Quick Action menu capability to the app drawers. Long press any icon in drawer and don't move it.
-Added Swipe to change catalogs in the drawer. Up/down in the Horizontal drawer and left/right in the Vertical.
-Added Catalog name to the top of the app drawers.
-Rearranged the menu slightly.
-Minor Bugfixes.
-Code Cleanup Removing more of the Old Dock Stuff.

Swyped from my NookColor

Last edited: