Vzio has a Bluetooth keyboard in some tv remotes, will it work with the vtab?

devildog

Dec 22, 2011
Mine is a model VUR10
I don't have time to mess with it now, but maybe someone else will check it out and let us know.
The slideout keyboard is as small as the ones on phones, but might be useful sometimes.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
It should as long as the remote is capable of pairing with other devices.

Conspirator

Feb 10, 2012
I would say probably not. (75% sure) From what I know of Vizio tvs (I sell them, but havent messed much with them) they only work with the TVs with the onscreen apps. Devildog take a day off and mess with it and let us know.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Since it is just a tv remote that might be true. It would seem silly to come up with a custom system just for that keyboard though and you would think they would use the standards already in place. Hopefully that would mean the keyboard would work with anything using standard protocol. Keyboard remotes are so new though, who knows.

devildog

Dec 22, 2011
I just spent 30 minutes on the Vizio site trying to find info about pairing this remote.
I wish I'd checked back here first!
I checked out the link you posted, and it really sounds like way more trouble than it'd be worth.

The Logitech keyboard is a bit pricey, does anyone know of a cheaper keyboard that is any good (and bigger than the on-screen one)?