W00Ters word of warning - check your OTA version FIRST!

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Newbie! Just received my gTab via CircuitCity.com for $270 (they still exist online!)
... it came with TapUI 1.2-4349
... plan to mod it to one of the newer 1.2 ROMS
Thanks to all whose input in these forums helped me make the decision.
I second that welcome, and raise you 10!

Where do you think you're headed?...1.1, 1.2? Which ROM has caught your eye so far?

One bit of advice. DO NOT try a Honeycomb ROM, unless you are prepared to be bit by the bug, and forever feel that a Froyo/Gingerbread ROM is just not quite good enough! LOL

-Matt

Last edited:

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
One bit of advice. DO NOT try a Honeycomb ROM, unless you are prepared to be bit by the bug, and forever feel that a Froyo/Gingerbread ROM is just not quite good enough! LOL

-Matt

I can't agree with you more Matt....amazing how many things i am "willing to put up with" not having available in order to keep my tablet on Honeycomb!:eek:

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Peter, I know exactly what you mean. I thought you'd tried Flashback (I haven't yet, but tempted)...are you back on BoS?

-Matt

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
yep....flashed over to Flashback, tried it for a day...had some issues with things...loved some of the other things. Back on BoS now, running 6.0A, full PEAP authentication working plus USB connectivity. Happy Campers!

mtrantow

Jun 22, 2011
I started slow with VEGAn tab Ginger on 1.2 boot loader - used pershoot's 1.4 kernel... seems OK, but will probably try BoS if the Flash/Bluetooth/USB are working there