Wait for the new Vizio or......

bc3737

Nov 10, 2011
I bought my wife the current Vtab and we are both very satisfied with it....Now I want a tablet...So do I wait for the new 10 Vizio (any rumor on price or delivery date?) or are ther others (8"-10") in the same price range (Costco $190 ish) that can be recommended and be at least as good as the current Vtab?
Thanks,
Bill

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Hi Bill, no telling when Vizio is going to release the new tablets. There are many other good tablets out in that price range these days to consider. Particualrlyif you watch for sales.

I suggest looking into the Le Pan TC970 and Le Pan II Le Pan Tablets. They seem to be good tablets and the developer ball has really started rolling for them recently offering rooting and ROM options.

JP

kaos420

Jan 27, 2012
You can get a refurb from newegg. Com for 199 of the vtab. Has. 56 on it too. So still rootable

Sent from my Miui powered Evo 3D tapa tapa tapa

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Hi Bill, no telling when Vizio is going to release the new tablets. There are many other good tablets out in that price range these days to consider. Particualrlyif you watch for sales.

I suggest looking into the Le Pan TC970 and Le Pan II Le Pan Tablets. They seem to be good tablets and the developer ball has really started rolling for them recently offering rooting and ROM options.

JP

The only problem with LP tablets is they have proprietary ports and no cables for them, cables you buy off the net may or may not work.
For the money I don't know any tablets that are as good as the VTAB1008.
I doubt seriously that the new Vizio Vtab will be as low cost as this tablet but I want one when they come out just the same.
When and if LP standardized there ports on their tablets I will probably save and get one just to see how they are but not before.
Sent from my VTAB1008 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
That is a good point about the ports though iPad/iphone cables seem to work fine. Some require removal of a little bit of plastic and others do not. Doesn't seem to be hampering too many people though.

I can't say which is better since I don't have an LP but it is definitely worthy of consideration in this price range.