Wake up, and freeze?

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
On about three occasions, I wake up the A500, launch something, last two times it was the camera, only to have the tablet freeze within a few seconds.

Usually I have to hold power button till it shuts off, then reboot it and all is well.

Anyone else seeing freezes?
Are they camera related?

dan776

Apr 27, 2011
Mine hasn't froze once... had it about a week, using for few hours a day. Sometimes apps quit but never had to reset the unit.

Jento

May 2, 2011
I have never had a freezing problem, as Dan776 said, a few apps quit/failed but thats only on non-tablet apps

acsere

May 4, 2011
I had this same problem several times. I tried uninstalling different apps that were downloaded just before having the issue but it hasn't helped. No idea.

acsere

May 4, 2011
Well its been a while since this happened. But unfortunately it just did again. Still unsure why, and haven't seen anything on it yet. Anyone?

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
This happened to me again last night. It was on the charger. I picked it up, turned it on, unlocked it, and it was running long enough to do two screen rotates as I carried it across the room.

Then, bam! Frozen. The needed.
And I have the new software version too.

Still no clue. I'm going to see if aLogcat will run on it.

Dart

May 2, 2011
Yeah, mine has frozen about three times. With me I turn it on and can't wake it. Touch screen ignores me. No idea what is causing it. It happened before and after the last update. Just happened about 30 minutes ago. Pressing the power button until it reboots cures it, but what a pain.

SmoothSnake

May 18, 2011
This is happening to me almost every time I go to use it after it has auto locked after the timeout period...it is getting frustrating!!

omnisvalidus

May 9, 2011
I have this problem. It only started after an OTA update last week. Its not everyday though. According to the XDA Developer forums its a bug caused by the tab being on standby "too long".

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
I've opened a ticket on ACER support site about this problem.

They wanted to know If I had added any hard drives or more memory to the computer.:mad:

Then they wanted me to reset to factory defaults. Nuke all software I've installed.

Clowns.
clown310x212.jpg

suncar

May 28, 2011
Seme problem whit my tabletalmost every time I go to use after it has auto locked after the timeout period.

Ramasoft

Jun 1, 2011
This is happening to me almost every time I go to use it after it has auto locked after the timeout period...it is getting frustrating!!

The same thing here. It happens before and after the update. It is really frustrating... I thought I need this kind of a device to avoid turning it ON every time I walk up the tablet. What is the differnce then between this problem and my Windows 7 HP slate? The salte will turn on after about 45 second and the A500 will turn on in about the same time. I hope this will be solved in 3.1.

Dr. Sam