wallpaper not fitting

hopelee9101

Oct 29, 2011
so im new to the forum and hoping someone can tell me what im doing wrong.i tried to make some wallpaper from regular pics and was having trouble getting them to stay stretched they kept resizing back to the original size so i gave up but now even my stock wallpapers arent fitting the screen there is about a qaurter inch of black left on the right edge of the screen.all is fine if tablet held in portrait mode. so any help is appreciated.

frnkws

Jul 30, 2011
i do my wallpaper with the app quick pic. wallpaper has to be done so it works on landscape and portrit

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Its kind of tricky to get a perfectly sized wall paper for this tablet because of the different screen aspect ratio in Portrait vs Landscape.
I've never heard of the stock wall papers going wonky.

Study this page till it make sense, then download the template, and give it a try:
Acer A500 Wallpaper Template - Android Forums

Oh, and Plus 1 on the QuickPic app. The only reason it is on my tablet is for making wallpapers.

hopelee9101

Oct 29, 2011
well i tried the quickpic app still the same annoying black strip to the right of the screen. no problem if i use live wallpaper just anything else

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Check out Multi-Picture Live Wallpaper.

It shows in the Live Wallpaper section, and then you can set a picture and you can choose the zoom (I usually do the show all). There is no sexy scrolling like with the stock wallpapers, but you can use any picture and see the whole thing.

You can also set it to pick a random picture from a folder.

There are options to do a different wallpaper on each of the home screens, or even a different folder for each of the home screens.

2000roadie

Aug 12, 2011
Give wallpaper wizardrii by twisted apps a try, it works good for me. It can be found in android market and is free.

RobKort

Nov 23, 2011
Tablet Wallpaper free on the market works great, plus they have thousands of them.

Sent from Rob's TapadaIconia :D

jgumphress

Sep 6, 2011
Thanks to all for this thread. I was very angry with the stock Honeycomb wallpaper function not allowing me to capture more of the photo. But when I read this and found other options on the Market I am much pleased with my wallpaper results now.

candita

Jan 7, 2012
download Multipicture Live Wallpaper..you'll never have a problem with your wallpaper fitting again