want advice to buy an Android

roni

Jul 4, 2011
Have limited funds, need to know which Android to buy, have seen many brands. I need to do much typing and have Carpel Tunnel, despite surgery to correct. I still have to wear my braces to type. I would like an Android that has WiFi, so I can do my work in a coffee shop (transcription) and I think I need a 10 in not 7 in. I suspect I may need a port to be able to add a keyboard if the screen is tiresome, ad to add a mouse when I am home. Would like to be able to watch TV but not a must. Watching movies is, such as thru Netflix. Will need to use headphones with it to not disturb roommates. Cannot wait for the new version to come out, need to purchase today if possible, am moving and must scan photos and other documents to digitally store and not take with me. Is the OS MAC or Windows? I am very ignorant, but I do NOT want Windows 7, it sends my brain into horrid jerking and I cannot do that. I have not seen the Droid in action, but have seen the I PAD and it was OK, bette than Windows 7. I could type on the IPAD and it did not hurt my carpel tunnel. I currently have an ancient Gateway with Windows XP. Help? Thanks, VV

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mar 30, 2011
Depending on your price range, I would say an Asus Transformer is best. You can add a keyboard docking station. The tab is $400 + I believe a $100 for docking station. Or try a ViewSonic Gtablet as well