Want the new market for the 7022? Here you go!

Ray50

Apr 24, 2011
I tried this and it ask if I want to 'add an account' but no matter what I do the app closes and I am back to my home screen. (I did reboot - not rooted) I don't think I have any old market files left BUT I did try to install market about 3 months ago but it did not work.

wicced247

Jul 23, 2011
Awsome new market works great but a few apps gave a lil trouble. Will reboot and see if it works

Sent from my Coby Kryos MID7024 not-rooted with 16gb microSD

zac

Mar 8, 2011
with the old market installed all I did was installing the new apk provided in this post. I think I have the new market any who it's different from the old one and works just fine.

dedgeu2

Jul 11, 2011
with the old market installed all I did was installing the new apk provided in this post. I think I have the new market any who it's different from the old one and works just fine.
Thanks Zac! I did the same and it looks to be working just fine. Thank you and also to daprospecta for providing the zip file.

wicced247

Jul 23, 2011
I just realized something i dont like. This new market does not save the apk's i install. Thanks but no thanks ill stick to the other market i had, not fancy but i get to keep my apk's

Sent from my Coby Kryos MID7024 not-rooted with 16gb microSD

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
Hi..sorry but I am new to Android OS but when you mention that you have to remove the old market first, are you saying we need to remove all those files we had to install to get the original market to work (OneTime, SetUp Wizard, Google ServicesFramework, Vending APK)? Or do we just need to remove the Vending APK or the actual "market" app that got downloaded to my Coby 7022? I appreciate your feedback.

Just uninstall the old market like any other program

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
I tried this and it ask if I want to 'add an account' but no matter what I do the app closes and I am back to my home screen. (I did reboot - not rooted) I don't think I have any old market files left BUT I did try to install market about 3 months ago but it did not work.

You don't want to remove the market files just uninstall the market like u do n e other program

dedgeu2

Jul 11, 2011
Just uninstall the old market like any other program

Thanks daprospecta! One thing I noticed on my new market display is that I only have three options (Apps, Games, Books). There is no Movies option. Are you guys seen this on your device? If not, is it possible I did something wrong on my installation or have to adjust a setting?

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
Thanks daprospecta! One thing I noticed on my new market display is that I only have three options (Apps, Games, Books). There is no Movies option. Are you guys seen this on your device? If not, is it possible I did something wrong on my installation or have to adjust a setting?

I am the same way I have never seen a movies option. I can say that the same market version running on my phone looks identical from top to bottom.

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011
Shouldn't be. I can tell u how to sign an apk if u want to use a different market apk onthe net.

Hey Daprospecta could you teach me how to sign apks because i found some google apk's on xda that I would like to try to see if it will work on this tablet. Thanks in advance

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
Hey Daprospecta could you teach me how to sign apks because i found some google apk's on xda that I would like to try to see if it will work on this tablet. Thanks in advance

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

There is an app n the market called zipliner or something like that just search zip n browse.once u have the app u just select an input apk location and where u want the output apka and change the bottom setting to platform then sign the apk

Stevo

Jun 21, 2011
Ok, so I must be some kind of complete tard. Basically, I downloaded the zip file from the link you provided. I opened the zip file and moved the market apk to my device (don't know if it's on the sd card or the device memory - does that matter?). Then I used the apk installer to install.

The whole thing worked, but when I click on my market, it says, "you must add an account to the device to continue... Do you want to add one now?

When I click on "Yes", it shuts the market app down. When I click "No", it shuts the app down.

How have I failed?

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
Ok, so I must be some kind of complete tard. Basically, I downloaded the zip file from the link you provided. I opened the zip file and moved the market apk to my device (don't know if it's on the sd card or the device memory - does that matter?). Then I used the apk installer to install.

The whole thing worked, but when I click on my market, it says, "you must add an account to the device to continue... Do you want to add one now?

When I click on "Yes", it shuts the market app down. When I click "No", it shuts the app down.

How have I failed?

Did you follow the directions exactly?
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-got-market-working-7022-without-rooting.html

Meaning you should have installed these apks in order

1. GoogleServicesFramework.apk
  2. OneTimeInitializer.apk
  3. SetupWizard.apk

Stevo

Jun 21, 2011