Want the new market for the 7022? Here you go!

JArmandB

Jul 13, 2011
For some reason, I have never been able to see the movies using the new market on my 7022.

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011
Market Version 3.1.5

Signed for our tablets. I am rooted and instead of the banners for renting movies I get just black. Anyone else experience this?
just tried Market 3.1.5 but I am not seeing a black banner and is adobe flash considered incompatible for you guys. $snap20110925_090333.png

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
just tried Market 3.1.5 but I am not seeing a black banner and is adobe flash considered incompatible for you guys. View attachment 4059

yep its always been incompatible for 3.x markets and never shown up in the market for previous versions for me. Are you rooted? I opened my market and I get hunger games in a small banner which is beside apps, games, books then the. The Art of Fielding for me is a super small banner.

My DPI is 180 so that might be why this is happening. My banners are all the same as yours they just take up less than half of the screen lol

jamesd1343

Sep 22, 2011
yep its always been incompatible for 3.x markets and never shown up in the market for previous versions for me. Are you rooted? I opened my market and I get hunger games in a small banner which is beside apps, games, books then the. The Art of Fielding for me is a super small banner.

My DPI is 180 so that might be why this is happening. My banners are all the same as yours they just take up less than half of the screen lol

no advice for me guys?

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
no advice for me guys?

Ive only flashed cm7 to phones but I have never used gapps because the zips always seemed to be outdated. Have you tried doing the same method as people do who are not rooted. Assuming google framework and such is already installed (not sure what fun includes) then you should just be able to install market. But if framework, setup wizard and such are not included u need to install those (Via android apk installer not flash them not transfer directly with a file explorer).

If it is telling you application not installed that is a problem with the apk not being signed. CM7 might make our tablet recognized as a different device therefore you should sign all apks you try to install that DO NOT install correctly using zipsigner2

jamesd1343

Sep 22, 2011
just tried Market 3.1.5 but I am not seeing a black banner and is adobe flash considered incompatible for you guys. View attachment 4059

ok i loaded apks as videos show for kryos stock and most didnt load error just said not loaded. i then rebooted in clockwork and installed the zip file gapps-gb-full-20110815-signed.zip and rebooted. went through setup wizard and apps installed i selected after accepting market terms.

now ive got the same thing as above. some apps when i try to install list yellow banner with error: this device is incompatible (usa today yahoo fantasy football i think). others have no button to install them (facebook). others install and work fine (scorecenter others)

is there a fix for this?

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
I am not sure if they changed market permissions or what but all of a sudden I had 8 updates available of previous apps which had the yellow bar and said not compatible.

I am now able to install flash player and other maps that work fine but wouldnt install from market such as (facebook, quickpic, flash player, angry birds, drag racing, etc) from the market with no yellow bar restrictions.

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
o and also the problem with the black bars is gone too!

EDIT: yep it seems I can install every app that I couldnt previously now. Whats going on here lol

JArmandB

Jul 13, 2011
Great, I just rolled back because I was tired of the new market telling me that the Nook app and Kindle app weren't compatible...when I downloaded them from the market in the first place.

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011
o and also the problem with the black bars is gone too!

EDIT: yep it seems I can install every app that I couldnt previously now. Whats going on here lol
mine still has the restrictions its cool that yours can now install all the apps from market. maybe its the 160 density will try that screen density and see if I get the same results

Update: I changed the density to 160 and deleted market data from application settings and now most apps are available and I also now see the movie section. I don't know if this is because of clearing market data or changing the screen density. I will change back to 200 and see if I see the same results.

Update2: I found out that when you change screen density to 160 and clear market data you will unlock all apps and movie section. If you go back to 200 and don't delete market data all apps are still unlocked and movie section is still there.
Thx Nba1341 for the find.

Last edited:

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
mine still has the restrictions its cool that yours can now install all the apps from market. maybe its the 160 density will try that screen density and see if I get the same results

Update: I changed the density to 160 and deleted market data from application settings and now most apps are available and I also now see the movie section. I don't know if this is because of clearing market data or changing the screen density. I will change back to 200 and see if I see the same results.

Update2: I found out that when you change screen density to 160 and clear market data you will unlock all apps and movie section. If you go back to 200 and don't delete market data all apps are still unlocked and movie section is still there.
Thx Nba1341 for the find.

sweet thanks for confirming. I'm guessing these apps report incompatibility because they assume 200 dpi = qvga screen or something. Since it does say in the build.prop that 160dpi is default setting

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011
sweet thanks for confirming. I'm guessing these apps report incompatibility because they assume 200 dpi = qvga screen or something. Since it does say in the build.prop that 160dpi is default setting

Np I like 160 screen density but the apps menu icons look so bad and fuzzy and the home icon is also fuzzy.

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

popeboy

Dec 12, 2011
Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? I had run all of daprospecta's apps and had the old market working fine. Uninstalled and tried to install each version that has been listed through out this thread and I get the same thing on each when I try to install it.

Parse Error - There is a problem parsing the package.

Thanks!

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Did you try simply installing over the older version? How did you get the new version? Try downloading directly to your tablet. You may need Opera mobile if the download fails otherwise.