want to buy an android tablet for overseas

Discussion in 'Android Tablet Q&A' started by moscowkyzer, Mar 6, 2012.

1. moscowkyzer

moscowkyzer Junior Member

Hello,
    I'm looking into buying an android tablet, and am new to the whole idea/ technology. i live in mosow, russia but tablets are cheaper in the states, but i'm wondering how easy it is to "unlock" them from whatever provider they're sold with, such as AT&T. i want a 3G one that i assume i could then put in a russian sim-card and it would work here. i've been looking at the Samsung Galaxy Tabs or maybe the Acer or Asus, but i know less about those brands. the 32Gb HD seems small, but i guess that's the standard. my price range is around 500$. thanks for any suggestions or advice!
    caleb
  2. geckoT2C

geckoT2C Junior Member

maybe you can try buying somethign on amazon or ebay and have it shipped to russia. just yesterday i read that import duties on tablets have been lifted in russia - http://www.gazeta.ru/business/2012/03/05/4027737.shtml

there are lots of refurbished tablets available that are unlocked and will fit your budget.
  3. RedTabletPC.com

RedTabletPC.com Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    NOVO 7
    We have a lot of cheap, good quality tablet PCs, welcome to choose !

4. SpeMall.com

SpeMall.com Member

Hi caleb, Welcome to the forum. maybe you can have a look at our Android 4.0 Tablet PC, hope you'll find what you want finally!:)