Want to upgrade to - VEGAn-TAB GingerEdition STABLE RC1 - not sure where to start...

voyageurs60

Dec 27, 2010
I want to upgrade to the - VEGAn-TAB GingerEdition STABLE RC1 - looks pretty awesome. Currently my gTab has TnT GHarmony-v1.2 - they are talking about the kernel and stuff - no experience with this - any guidance you can give me would be appreciated...

Link on XDA to thread is - [ROM] VEGAn-TAB GingerEdition STABLE RC1 [UPDATED - 4/11] - xda-developers

- - - start of current status - - -

ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.1.1-bekit-0.8

From settings/about...
Model # TnT G-Harmony
Androoid OS Version - 2.2
Tap UI Version - TnT G-Harmony v1
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9-00000-10.8-2-dirty
hudson@TapnTapsun #16
Build: FRF91

- - - end of current status - - -

There is a big warning about "coming from 4349+ STOCK ROM or MOD based off that" - not sure where I am...

At the end - lots' of kernel info - not very clear to me - not sure of how to install a kernel...

This version looks simply AWESOME - have been moderately happy with G-Harmony - think time to move on...

Thanks - Dan

justdrooit

Apr 21, 2011
I struggled going from Vegan 5.1.1 to your version. Took me several hours of trying different things within clockworkmod. Eventually I read somewhere that you should use NVFlash to flash back to the factory ROM. Then upgrade the factory ROM to the newest one which they still consider safe here.

The biggest problem I had with NVFlash was understanding that you have to press the MINUS instead of the PLUS when you rebooted the gTab to get it in the mode you needed.

Then reinstall clockworkmod. Then try flashing Vegan-Tab GE.

Works like a charm.