Wanted: A Tablet for Meetings

Discussion in 'Android Tablet Discussions' started by GeoDroid, Aug 12, 2011.

1. GeoDroid

GeoDroid Member

I'm thinking of getting a tablet to use at meetings for a local group I belong to. Something I can have the agendas, budgets, meeting minutes, etc on. Because the meeting location does not have wifi, and I don't want another datacharge (so no 3g/4g plans) I'm thinking I can create PDFs of the documents and view them that way.

Any suggestions??

2. Spider

Spider Administrator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    NOOK Tablet Stock NOOKcolor Rooted/Flashed Nexus 7 (2013) 32GB Stock
    Welcome to the forum GeoDroid. That sounds like a great way to use a tablet and a lot better than carrying an attache case full of dead trees around.:) It will be a lot easier to keep organized too.

3. GeoDroid

GeoDroid Member

Thanks, Spider. I see you have the Nookcolor, I've been thinking of picking one up and loading a custom rom. It looks like a good cheap unit to start with. But I just saw that Costco is selling the 8" Vizio. Because of their great return policy I may give that a try first.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  4. bclinger

bclinger Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Acer A500
    I have an Acer A500 sporting a Bluetooth keyboard/mouse. Installed on it are applications such as Documents To Go, HanDBase and more than a few others. I make extensive use of spreadsheet and DOC files. Cutting to the chase, a tablet is really not suitable for any long term data entry. A spreadsheet is cumbersome at best. A Word file is probably ok, but really, a in-depth spreadsheet is an extreme hassle. If you have lots to keep up with, a laptop, netbook or whatever will probably meet yours needs.