Wanting to watch a movie on Kyros...

Charly

Feb 26, 2011
but I can't. Haven't tried before now. I can pull all the stuff up and yet it says it is playing but it's only a black screen.

Do I need to load some app to do this or nope, not going to work because there is no flash?

Thanks in advance!

jackrussell

Feb 19, 2011
but I can't. Haven't tried before now. I can pull all the stuff up and yet it says it is playing but it's only a black screen.

Do I need to load some app to do this or nope, not going to work because there is no flash?

Thanks in advance!

If you are running the honeycomb rom the media player that is on the b6 version will play avi files. I converted movies I had over to avi with a converter. The movies that I converted were recorded onto dvd from tv and then loaded onto the sdcard. I am not sure of the legality of that but it is for my own use I am not selling them or making money from them.

kerry_s

Mar 17, 2011
i haven't found anything that doesn't play. mines pretty much stock, only rooted. as long as you have it on the device, it should play.

Charly

Feb 26, 2011
Mine is rooted - so stock but it won't play. I don't have the honeycomb as we rooted back in February of this year. Pretty stock I guess. I mean I'm able to do youtube and stuff but hula and other sites that where I am able to watch movies from (say from my droid or iPhone won't work) I have an ePix account through cable provider and cannot watch any tv, movies, trailers etc from there.

Mine must be a dud ... thanks though. I wasn't sure if I needed to load an app or something on here to convert so it would work. Maybe I should wipe it clean and load it with honeycomb?

popeye1128

Feb 14, 2011
I've found wiping the Dalvik cache fixes many problems. Angry birds was crashing back to home screen. Cleared Dalvik and it worked again.

kerry_s

Mar 17, 2011
Mine is rooted - so stock but it won't play. I don't have the honeycomb as we rooted back in February of this year. Pretty stock I guess. I mean I'm able to do youtube and stuff but hula and other sites that where I am able to watch movies from (say from my droid or iPhone won't work) I have an ePix account through cable provider and cannot watch any tv, movies, trailers etc from there.

Mine must be a dud ... thanks though. I wasn't sure if I needed to load an app or something on here to convert so it would work. Maybe I should wipe it clean and load it with honeycomb?

your talking about flash sites, there is no flash 10 for android 2.1, there is a flashlite version 9, but sounds unstable at best.
check the stickes.

Cutty1

Dec 18, 2010
Try Going to Settings, Sounds and Display,Output select and Make sure none has a Dot beside it ..See if that Helps

Sketch_Says

Feb 6, 2011
You might try jetVD. Its an add on that allows you to pick various formats to view videos. It is a bit frustrating at times as you have more than one click to pick the video then select the format but I'm noticing I can view a lot of videos I couldn't see before so the extra steps are worth it in the end. Other than that, I believe Kerry_S is right. Flashlite (V9) works but can be unstable. Good luck.

alcassetta

Dec 27, 2010
Go to Amazon webite, get Free 30 day Amazon Prime Instant Movies , play as many movies as yo want for free, just join and click they play perfectly right from site, no need to do any software changes!

Remember to use the
post_thanks.png
Thanks button

tnsantos

Mar 23, 2011
Do you know how to play mkv videos with DTS audio codec? I tried RockPlayer but only in software decoding, wich is very slow. Pehaps in hardware decoding it would be ok.

AeroToxin

Mar 28, 2011
You don't need any apps to watch movies. Go into gallery and you should see your movie there. I haven't put any full size movies on my Coby yet, but I tested with a little 20 second mp4 video, and it worked fine.