Warning: "FOLLOWING FILES NOT POSTED" from File Manager HD

JackdaShack

Jan 14, 2012
Xoom Tablet with ICS from factory.

I haver used FM HD very successfuly with the XP I have. I bought an HP Pavilion 23 desktop and initialized the HP with a local account. Recently I decided I wanted a MS account so I did a REFRESH on the Windows8 on the HP and then tried sharing files via FM HD to the HP. I have gotten them to see each other, all folders, all files. But when I try to MOVE or COPY some files from the Xoom to the HP I get the warning in my Subject Line above.

Now the Xoom still does fine with the XP machine but I'm having this trouble now with the win8 machine. I have been all over the HP and allowed all sharing I can find, folders accesable and showing SHARED on teh win8 machine but still when I try to copy files I get the warning.

Does anyone have any relief for this problem? I'd be very appreciated. Thanks in advance Jack :confused:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
There may be several things not working the way they should. I have a suggestion for what should be a fairly quick fix,(work around). Install WiFi File Transfer from the Store and use your browser to transfer files in either direction.

JackdaShack

Jan 14, 2012
There may be several things not working the way they should. I have a suggestion for what should be a fairly quick fix,(work around). Install WiFi File Transfer from the Store and use your browser to transfer files in either direction.

I thought we'd have something here. Then I got this on the win8 PC [ SSL CONNECTION ERROR - Unable to make a secure connection to the server. This may be a problem with the server, or it may be requiring a client authentication certificate that you don't have ]

Hard to figure why this all worked well before I did a Windows8 REFRESH. It's only been after that. Maybe this err is what holds up FILE MANAGER HD also? thanks! jack :confused:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I do think they sound connected. It seems like a firewall or other security issue. Maybe your anti virus software.

JackdaShack

Jan 14, 2012
I do think they sound connected. It seems like a firewall or other security issue. Maybe your anti virus software.

I want to thank you for your time. I figured I'd tried so much, changed so many settings that I took the drastic move of just doing a factory reset. The pc is only 2 weeks old so I didn't have it loaded up and it was just as easy to get it back to factory. In fact this is the the 3rd time counting the initial startup. I actually learn more each time after 6 years of being on XP and each time I have it better than the last. I have tried the tablet with File Manager HD and it is working. So all's well that ends although I didn't really find the answer. I know there was one but just too frustrated to find it. This time I have taken more careful steps and actually learned a bit more, like I've already said. Thanks so much! jack :eek: