Watching Movies...Frustration and needing help

spasell

Dec 27, 2010
Ok...

So I have this beautiful Tablet that is great for my email, web browsing, music listening, and some games.

I decided, YES, I am taking trip to CA for Christmas and can transfer a few movies from my PC to Tablet, as I have done in the past, and have some good entertainment for a long flight..

I received Inception in mail, downloaded the digital copy to my PC, and then transfered it to the tablet..

FAIL..EPIC FAIL

So, it would not play and keep giving me these messages that says NO DRM available.

Huh?

So then I read that the native player sometimes will not work. Fine..

I downloaded 3 different types of video players from the market but nope, still would not play, and still looks for DRM.

I tried a video converter software to remove DRM rights...nope, no luck.

Maybe I'm just missing something easy here. I owned a crappy Archos 5 with Android and that player played ALL my movies with ZERO issues. I just transfered them over and bingo, played perfectly.

Can anyone give me some advice as to what I might be doing wrong here?

Thanks

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
You didn't rip the dvd right sense you own it just download a working copy of it

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Tablet Forum App

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
And while you complain about no issues on an Archos. This is because Archos makes their firmware DRM friendly. Even their Android is DRM friendly. This is unlike your new Galaxy. Thus you need to Rip and convert. Otherwise, sorry