Way to turn Adobe Flash on/off ?

reber1b

Dec 31, 2011
Is there an app or graceful way to turn Adobe Flash Player on or off? In a browser window, I tapped Menu>Settings>Advanced>Enable Plug-Ins, and selected "Off", but Flash media continued to play. I'm trying to avoid using "Forced Stop" in the tablet's settings because of potential problems that may cause, and I can't find an app to do this. I'm getting a Verizon Mobile Hotspot with 5 gb's data for $50 a month, and would like to turn off Flash when not needed so as to get the most out of the 5 gb's/Mo. As an aside, I don't really know if stopping Flash would make that much difference. Any advice would be appreciated

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
It probably doesn't make that much of a difference. You can try different browsers since there are many available and they offer different amounts of control over things like Flash. For example, Dolphin Mini by default loads flash as a empty box with an arrow that you have to touch to get the Flash to pull through (this should be the case with many browsers). You can also install Titanium Backup and freeze Flash without any issues.