WE BEAT THE Huawei!!!!!

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Faithful Nook owners, I've updated the OP so that it not only includes total posts, but also posts per day since I last updated the count. (I was hoping to use the search function so that I could set the starting date for the count, but it seems "search" allows 100 maximum hits.) If you have any other suggestions for measuring our growth let me know!

-Matt

I see we are not keeping pace. Took notice, they have ~3 times the owners and more AT.net members logged in.... although we seem to have more anonymous guests.

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
I see we are not keeping pace. Took notice, they have ~3 times the owners and more AT.net members logged in.... although we seem to have more anonymous guests.
In mathematical terms, I visualize owner support like an inverted U (Gaussian distribution). I think we're still accelerating upward, and they've peaked (or will soon) in numbers. So our peak will come later--maybe March. Wow, when 2.2 is available... :)

Hey, did your thread title change??? ;)

-Matt

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
In mathematical terms, I visualize owner support like an inverted U (Gaussian distribution). I think we're still accelerating upward, and they've peaked (or will soon) in numbers. So our peak will come later--maybe March. Wow, when 2.2 is available... :)

Hey, did your thread title change??? ;)

-Matt

Yes, I made a small title change to your OP; hope you don't mind. :)

And I agree, Android 2.2 is holding some back from the purchase of the NC.

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
On the upswing for sure. I see how many people are viewing this forum on average compared to theirs and even if only a portion decide to go Nook and post here we will over take them soon enough.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Side By Side

Nook Color
OS - Android 2.1
Screen - 7" Multi-touch Capacitive TFT LCD with 1024 x 600 resolution (169 dpi), anti-glare, 178° viewing angle
Processor - 800 mHz Cortex A8 processor
Ram - 512 MB
Internal storage - 8GB (1GB of dedicated app space)
microSD card slot supporting up to 32GB
4010mAh battery, 8 hrs
WiFi b/g/n
Bluetooth (none at the moment, likely enabled with custom rom)
3.5 mm stereo headphone jack
1 mono speaker
micro usb port
Size - 205mm x 128mm x 12mm
Weight - 447g

Huawei Ideos S7
OS - Android 2.1
Screen - 7" Single-touch Resistive TFT LCD with 800 x 480 resolution (160 dpi)
Processor - 768 mHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 8250 processor
Ram - 256 MB
Internal storage - 8GB (175mb of dedicated app space)
microSD card slot supporting up to 32GB
2200mAh battery, 4 hrs
WiFi b/g/n & 3G
Cell phone dialer (SIM card and BT headset required)
Rear-facing 2 megapixel camera, Front -facing cam (not enabled)
Bluetooth
GPS
3.5 mm stereo headphone jack
2 sterro speakers
micro usb port
Size - 209mm x 108mm x 15.5mm
Weight - 500g

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Thanks for the side by side rico. I guess it really comes down to a couple of key differences in what you want/need from your device. Personally I'll take the Nook for the screen and processing/battery power and leave the phone type functions to my phone. I wouldn't find it convenient to use in that way and can't imagine using it as a camera to snap candids either (video chatting maybe but I'm not sold beyond novelty at this point). For on the go data and GPS there's always tethering which should give me more than enough flexability to use outside the house.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Well the S7 only having 175mb of apps space is the deal beaker IMO. I see now why they are looking for apps2sd solutions.

x3baddad

Jan 15, 2011
I'll throw my vote for the Nook, although I did buy my son an huawei (btw Rico the front and rear cameras both work just have to select which).
The Nook has a much better screen for reading, but the Huawei is more flexible with connection choices.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
I'll throw my vote for the Nook, although I did buy my son an huawei (btw Rico the front and rear cameras both work just have to select which).
The Nook has a much better screen for reading, but the Huawei is more flexible with connection choices.

About the cameras, I see. What other connections do the S7 have besides bluetooth and micro usb?

x3baddad

Jan 15, 2011
3G comes to mind if you have a sim card 10 bucks for a gig in a month AT&T though.
I hear rumors that the dock will become available when next vresion with multi touch comes out.
Don't get me wrong I Love my Nook esp since rooting

Last edited:

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Ok, well 3G I'm not in need of, unlike bluetooth, which should be enable for the Nook color sometime down the road. Wifi is just about everywhere, at least here in Charlotte, and I already have a data plan on my phone to tether devices around me. As you already know, having a Nookcolor or having opportunity to see one, the screen is amazing and the viewing angles allow for reading in almost any position. I can't even say the same for my HTC Evo which has a great lcd itself. Once the NC gets bluetooth, I and many other will be all set: headsets, keyboards, mouse, gps receivers, bump syncing with other devices, etc.

Last edited:

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Some side-by-side pics of the Huawei S7 and Nook Color

ebc02695bf.jpg

bd4a1eabe6.jpg

thanks to Joshua, here on the forum.