WE BEAT THE Huawei!!!!!

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
OK. Is it just me, or does the S7 look washed-out? Maybe the screen settings weren't equated? ;)

-Matt

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
How about and update? It looks like over the work week we are averaging slightly more posts than they are. I guess we all like playing with our Nooks more than working.

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
How about and update? It looks like over the work week we are averaging slightly more posts than they are. I guess we all like playing with our Nooks more than working.
Yep, since I've added a posts-per-day estimate, I figured I'd update once every 7 days to help average those effects!

-Matt

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Hey guys, we had a great week. I've noticed several new forum members, and we produced 4 more posts a day than Huawei! Awesome!

-Matt

The count as of Friday 1/21/2010 at 12:07 PM (ET)

Huawei = 4223 posts -- Post rate since last update = (4223 -3875)/6 = 58 posts/day
Nook = 2048 posts -- Post rate since last update = (2048 - 1681)/6 = 62 posts/day
Archos = 1471 posts -- Post rate since last update = (1471 -1330)/6 = 24 posts/day
Samsung = 628 posts -- Post rate since last update = (628 -601)/6 = 5 posts/day

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
You know, I'd never even heard of the Huawei before I found this place.
I may have an even worse confession: I had no idea what the Huawei device was, until a few days ago. All this time, I think I had it confused with all those Chinese no-name knock-offs that sell for $100-$200. I knew it was at BestBuy, but it never really registered. But this is funny...catch these two comments I JUST READ on Amazon (filed under "small world"):

Patrick French says:
I currently own a Cricket based Huwei Ascend.

The device, overall, was a fairly decent buy at roughly 149.99USD. It is currently running Android 2.1. The O/S itself is serviceable and does much of what I need it to do admirably, but it definitely "feels" like an inferior product when compared to my Apple devices.

The apps just don't have the same "polish" and the UI itself feels a bit "clunky". I fully realize that the Ascend is a "low-end" device, but I've played around with other Android devices and those devices have merely served to reinforce my view on Android.

A few of the Android devices I saw at CES really piqued my interest and I freely admit that if the upfront cost of the Samsung Galaxy Tab were on par with Archos' products I would snap one up in a heartbeat. The Galaxy Tab is a really nice little piece of tech and 2.2 is a clear improvement over 2.1. However, I feel that Google's decision to fragment the Android platform will only serve to alienate their user base.

To reply to the Android 3.0/dual-core debate: it seems logical that while Android 3.0 won't ***require*** a dual-core processor, it will more than likely be optimized for a dual-core processor. Microsoft has taken this approach for years, its called "the minimum spec" and everybody who's ever met the "minimum spec" for a program knows the experience isn't that great...

Just my two cents.
lowgman23 says:
I had the same issue with android 2.1 huawei S7 7 inch tablet. Today, I downloaded skyfire browser from the android market. It has its own version of flash on it that will play videos on web sites as long as its viewed in full version. i had now problems viewing videos on the engaget web site, not the mobile version. I use the youtube app to view youtube videos. Hope this helps some
-Matt

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Just wanted to add to the forum count! Isn't Huawei an island with volcanos?

Sent from my Droid

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Hey, you know anywhere you post on the Nook subforum is good! We had a decent week, I think Nook-ownership is on the rise. :)

-Matt

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Good news. Who knows maybe we will have a custom rom soon!

I am all over the forums tonight. I gotta stop though. My girlfriend says its time to go to the bar.

Sent from my Droid

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
At least you own your own Nook! "Mine" is always in my wife's hands...oops, that could be read the wrong way...

-Matt

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Lol. My gf is always stealing mine. She is going to have to go out and get her own!

Sent from my Droid