WE BEAT THE Huawei!!!!!

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Yea I think I can wait. I saw Phoenix devs talking on twitter about making a rom for NC, but that's only if they can get one to test on. They are the ones taking over the Gem series roms if anyone is familiar with that.

Sent from my Droid

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Yea I think I can wait. I saw Phoenix devs talking on twitter about making a rom for NC, but that's only if they can get one to test on. They are the ones taking over the Gem series roms if anyone is familiar with that.

Sent from my Droid

Yea I believe there are 3-4 teams I've seen on the net, including Cyanogen Team, working on roms for the NC. :)

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
WOW. Just tallied the week's numbers, and my impression that it's getting busier around here is definitely true. We not only doubled our post rate in the last 7 days, but we are also out-posting the Huawei people 2-to-1. Samsung has picked up a bit, probably due to a nice drop in the Galaxy price to $399 plus a dozen or so posts by me in their forum. Doh!

The count as of Friday 1/28/2010 at 6:16 PM (ET)

Huawei = 4605 posts -- Post rate since last update = (4605 -4223)/7 = 55 posts/day
Nook = 2706 posts -- Post rate since last update = (2706- 2048)/7 = 94 posts/day
Archos = 1618 posts -- Post rate since last update = (1618 -1471)/7 = 21 posts/day
Samsung = 723 posts -- Post rate since last update = (723-628)/7 = 14 posts/day

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Don't be cheating on the nook with the galaxy...jjk.

Sent from my Droid

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
It is really awesome to see this kind of growth. It definitely speaks to the usefulness of this little tablet.

Sent from my rooted Nook Color using Android Tablet Forum App

josue9

Dec 29, 2010
Yeah! I'm really happy with my NC, I just rooted it, installed some very good applications and the screamer kernel. All works wonderful!! :)

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Yeah! I'm really happy with my NC, I just rooted it, installed some very good applications and the screamer kernel. All works wonderful!! :)

I am glad everything is working now for you.

Sent from my Droid

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Showing off my nook around town,I convinced at least 10 people to buy it, people who didn't really care for just and e-reader.....this is to say we are growing bigger and bigger in number.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Took a second trip dwon to Best Buy to take a look at the so-called #1 tablet in this section, the Huawei Ideos S7 and compare it to our Nook Color tablet. Sorry about the quality, I was taking the vid with my htc evo in one hand and the it seems you kind of need to hold the S7 with two hands since it only has single-touch resistive screen.

Last edited by a moderator:

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Wow...not impressed with the S7! Reminds me of my Pandigital Novel screen.

-Matt

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
(I feel a little guilty about this post...but oh well, that's life)

Out of curiosity, I checked today's postcount.

Since this morning, the Huawei people have 37 posts.

Since this morning, we have 174 posts.
:p

(Of course, the reason for our huge jump is probably because of the confusion that the new Over-The-Air update is causing, but oh well, that's life.)

I'm starting to feel like Barbra Streisand in A Star is Born (obscure movie reference: A Star Is Born (1976) - IMDb--and if it works, now all you 70's folks are gonna have "Evergreen" stuck in your head, like I do!). ;)

-Matt

pvella

Dec 20, 2010
Took a second trip dwon to Best Buy to take a look at the so-called #1 tablet in this section, the Huawei Ideos S7 and compare it to our Nook Color tablet. Sorry about the quality, I was taking the vid with my htc evo in one hand and the it seems you kind of need to hold the S7 with two hands since it only has single-touch resistive screen.

Must be the camera angle and the fact that the S7 has a more reflective screen !!!! ;)

Shame you cannot use GPS or 3G on the Nook or I would consider one.

Oh and just a heads up....you better hurry up and catch up before 2.2 is released for the S7 and the Huawei forum goes crazy :)

Also I am not sure that it is fair to count the Nook and the Nook Color in the same forum. That would be like counting Huawei S7 and the another Huawei device. If I am not wrong, the Nook is very different to the Nook Color.