We have Netflix

beastman

May 8, 2011
On my GTablet using used must apologize from xda, and changed malata to HTC and it worked.

Sent from my GTablet using Android Tablet Forum

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
For anybody reading this thread and getting excited about Netfilx, you do not need to edit the build.prop file for Netflix to work. Simply download the latest version of the Netflix app from the Market (you must be on Android 2.2 or higher).

JP

Last edited:

jpscaccia

May 27, 2011
Anyone interested in a very stable rom should check phiremod 6.2.Been running for close to a month now with no issues.This is an enhanced version of gingerbread.Netflix from the market has excellent picture quality.The nook app is actually more responsive then original reader.Email is much better.Much thanks to the guys from from Xda and teamdouche,great work guys

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

motkaf

Jun 9, 2011
will this work with a bottable CM7 system? i'm bootiing CM7 off an SD card. should i put the .APK file on the same card?
thanks!

matvey

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
will this work with a bottable CM7 system? i'm bootiing CM7 off an SD card. should i put the .APK file on the same card?
thanks!

matvey

This works fine with CM7 (stable 7.03). No need to get the apk as a sideload or change the build.prop, just download from the Market.

JP

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Go into Settings>Application Settings and check/uncheck/check (to clear it) Unkown sources and see if that helps.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Also if this is your first boot, try power down and then booting up again.

motkaf

Jun 9, 2011
Just did both actions, to no avail. Currently the unknown sources box is CHECKED. and i rebooted. searched for netflix, and the first aplication that comes up is like "NetQ" then "jetfliks" etc. .. no netflix.

arg...

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Not sure if it matters but try downloading Flash first. It worked for me without issue on CM7 but I know others have been having issues. Instead of tracking it down most have gone through all sorts of restore, reflash, kernel changes you name it. At this point I am not sure why some can't see it in Market but I am confident it isn't an issue with CM7 itself.

JP

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Thanks for this advice, however I'm running on a boot card and don't know how to load the apk onto it.so basically I have not fully rooted the nook.Is it possible to load the API onto the same sd that has the cm7 on it?

You can but I'd hold off on sideloading for now unless you need Netfilx right away. The issue here is not seeing Apps in the Market. Do you have Titanium Backup? You may need to wipe google services/framework and see if that corrects the issue.

JP