Weather Bug - Strange problem!

gerryex

Apr 30, 2011
Hi ALL,

I like a weather widget on my main desktop and settled on the Weather Bug for Honeycomb. It was working quite nicely and showed via the widget 3 locations of my choice and tapping it opened the full app with more detailed info for each location.

Today it started acting funny and ultimatly caused a Force Close. I uninstalled and re-installed several times and still got FCs. I then left it uninstalled and started looking for another but nothing seemed as good.

Now, much later in the day I decided to give it one more chance and re-installed it and its working just fine!!! I'm wondering if their server went down or had some other trouble. I also use the Weather Bug for Win 7 and sometimes it does strange things also but does not crash.

Does anyone else have Weather Bug and if so did you notice anything strange with it?

Thanks,
Gerry

rcmolski

Apr 4, 2011
I switched to AccuWeather because of all the weird things Weather Bug was doing. It also has a widget that can have multiple locations.

Give it a try... it's free!

Bob

May 10, 2011
well weatherbug for honeycomb is still in beta I believe, so these little quirks are to be expected until they get everything worked out. It has fc a few times on me but all in all its been pretty solid.

gerryex

Apr 30, 2011
I switched to AccuWeather because of all the weird things Weather Bug was doing. It also has a widget that can have multiple locations.

Give it a try... it's free!

Bob

Hi Bob,

I looked it up in the market place but there were several user reviews that were very negative so I didn't bother with it.

well weatherbug for honeycomb is still in beta I believe, so these little quirks are to be expected until they get everything worked out. It has fc a few times on me but all in all its been pretty solid.

Hi lord_voldemort,

Yes, I know its a beta but I still think there was a problem at its server and the program's beta-ness prevented it from behaving well when server side problems show up. As I mentioned, I use W-bug for my desktop PC and I've seen it act strange also, but it just doesn't crash!

Thanks,
Gerry

Scoobynut

May 30, 2011
Use AccuWeather on the phone
Use Digital Atmosphere on my laptop. Serious weather software -also used in the US by some stormchasers.
Also Have Earthquake Alert, and Disaster Alert installed.
Have my own lightning detector and also a Kestrel portable weather station.- all used to monitor the situation when on drag strips to help with the set up of a friends car.

andrew.scott

May 2, 2011
Forcecloses every time I turn on from cold boot or after hibernating. Damn weather widget, die!

Any ideas on the weather widget?

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

gerryex

Apr 30, 2011
Forcecloses every time I turn on from cold boot or after hibernating. Damn weather widget, die!

Any ideas on the weather widget?

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Try un-installing and the re-installing. It took me several times but now it seems to be behaving itself. I still think its a server side problem but bugs in the app make it behave badly when it can't get the data it wants.

Gerry