Webcam on NC?

Stumblethru

Feb 12, 2011
I was wondering if a webcam would work on the NC. My wife may be interested in trying Skype on mine as well as her laptop. The market has a number of apps for phones and monitoring.
I have CM7 on a card.

kabbie1882

Feb 24, 2011
Until they work out how to get the nook to "see" and "use" USB devices, I don't know how it would ever work.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
The iPhone has an app for using it as a wifi webcam which also requires you to install software on the pc so it is possible to do. I haven't heard of such an app for android yet but theoretically you could have a phone with a cam and an app on the phone and/or nook that would let you use the cam feed via wifi or bluetooth.

JP

moshe5368

Mar 13, 2011
I have been working with usb host mode and possible webcam use on the nook for several months. I have tried 5 webcams now and the results are the same. The nook cm7 OS recognizes the webcam and assigns a PID and device address to the cam but then the software does not know what to do with the input (this is powering the webcam through a powered hub.
I have tried every video chat app on the market so far with no success. Yahoo, tango, fring, ect....
We have been worrking on this at xda developers forum but it's still very much a work in progress. Mouse, keyboard, external hard drive, flash drives, and sd card readers all work well but nothing on the cams.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk