idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Thank you, I like it
Gloria

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

suefourmet

Jan 14, 2011
I have a bunch of really nice scenic photos that I downloaded for wallpapers. All are 1200x1024 and they are beautiful when in portrait mode. However, in landscape mode the bottom 2/3 of the picture is cut off and the top 1/3 is enlarged to fill the screen. I am currently using phiremod 5.1 and have tried Wallpaper Set and Save, Wall Switch, ADW and Zeam launchers and most recently Photoid Pro, which I believe LocalStain suggested earlier in this thread. I have used both the HC Rom and CM7 Rom in the last several weeks, and I honestly don't know at what point the landscape mode went bad for these wallpapers, but the pictures were wonderful in both orientations back in the "old days" (a couple of months ago) and until fairly recently. (I tried playing around with Photoshop Elements and Corel Paintshop Pro to resize, but it didn't help and I really don't think that's the problem.

If anyone has had, or seen, a solution to this particular problem, I sure would like some help figuring it out.

Thanks,

EDIT: YEAH, I found the solution, purely by accident. I went through the Zeam settings and turned several of them on and then off to see if I could find the problem. On Zeam, at least, I had toggled "Full Screen Mode". Turning off full screen gave me back my great scenes in both portrait and landscape, even though it still looked like full screen to me.:D

Sue

Last edited:

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Sue,now I'm curious about your pictures...hope you are going to share on my thread- just SCREENSHOTS as soon as you set one as a wallpaper.
Gloria

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
What about using my pics as a wallpaper. I can finally take pics with my camera and have them in the nook gallery (thanks to Local Stain) and now there is no way to resize them in order to use them as a.wallpaper. I tryed yo resize them in the camera but it doesn' t work either.: this is what I mean. First screenshot is how the pic looks in my galllery, second is my screen with the pic of my
b8207764-54c8-1774.jpg
b8207764-54db-19b4.jpg
chiuaua resized...it looks like a doberman!

Nice

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
Again, this is all useless to me. I have images the correct size, I am in the stock Nook OS, it's in landscape mode on a flat surface, and it simply will NOT show me the crop box in anything but portrait mode. I've never seen such a wallpaper hostile device. Guess I am stuck with the built in ones.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Again, this is all useless to me. I have images the correct size, I am in the stock Nook OS, it's in landscape mode on a flat surface, and it simply will NOT show me the crop box in anything but portrait mode. I've never seen such a wallpaper hostile device. Guess I am stuck with the built in ones.

It doesn't need to be on a flat surface but you do need to orient it prior to choosing from the menu after a long press. So hold it in landscape so that the sensor is continuing to register this orientation, long press the screen and then proceed through the steps keeping the Nook in landscape. Now the crop window should also be in landscape. *Note I have not verified this beyond B&N 1.2*