Websites not recognizing username/password

Kesigage

Jan 7, 2013
Howdy! My family has 3 Android devices: 1 Tablet and 2 smart phones. I've been using the Tablet more and more and recently been using it to (try) and login into sites that I normally used on my PC. The problem I am having, the sites won't recognize my username or password. Always get a "wrong username or password" response. Now, these same sites work on the smartphones that are running Adndroid, but won't let me log into the same sites on the Tablet. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance - Kesigage

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

I suggest you go to settings in your browser and you should find one setting that says something about desktop mode. Make certain you set that. It normally says set desktop or request desktop. That's the only thing that come to mind.

Kesigage

Jan 7, 2013
Thanks! I've been through all of my settings (those I could find) and didn't see anything about desktop mode. Where would it be?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Thanks! I've been through all of my settings (those I could find) and didn't see anything about desktop mode. Where would it be?

If you are on the default browser, tap the 3 squares upper right and the Request Desktop Site should be right there. I guess you didn't install Dolphin Browser? The location varies with the version of Android as that default browser usually gets an update with a system update.