Weird problem, please help. Screen has weird colours

johnmedia

Mar 7, 2011
Hi all,

I have searched several forums but haven't found a simular problem. I hope someone here can help me. After using the tablet a few months the screen went crazy. I have updated to the last fimware and eveything works fine. The only problem is the sceen. The pad starts up as normal but the colour is mostly green. I have tried to reset it but nothing seems to work to fix the problem. I have bought during my trip in Thailand last year so I can't send it back to the seller.

I have attached a picture to show the problem. Can someone help?

4ed4a3122596772.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
your image isn't loading, but has the tablet recently been exposed to either extreme high or low temps?

johnmedia

Mar 7, 2011
your image isn't loading, but has the tablet recently been exposed to either extreme high or low temps?

I have a leather case to protect it and have been very careful with it. It's not only the background image, it gives the green colour everywhere. Menu becomes difficult to read. Or do you mean something else?

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
i mean did your whole tablet get left in a very cold or very hot car? was it dropped, or was pressure applied across the screen (like someone sitting on it). I don't know what is wrong, but based on the pic it looks to me like a hardware fail, not a sofware one.

johnmedia

Mar 7, 2011
i mean did your whole tablet get left in a very cold or very hot car? was it dropped, or was pressure applied across the screen (like someone sitting on it). I don't know what is wrong, but based on the pic it looks to me like a hardware fail, not a sofware one.

I bought two pads, this one was my friends pad. She said she didn't do anything strange but i will ask again.... I was afraid that it might be a hardware problem. Will be impossible to fix then. Anyone suggestions?

Thanks for the input Peter

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
honestly, find a place that does iPhone or other SmartPhone repair. A touchscreen is a touchscreen, and a lot of these guys can do wonders on tablets (says the man with 6 children and lots of devices that get broken).

RomanticEvil

Oct 26, 2010
hey, it might have nothing to do with your problem, but I've got the same wierd screens when I've OC'd too high, maybe that's the case.

johnmedia

Mar 7, 2011
Sorry for not understanding, but what do you mean by OC'd?

Thanks

You mean overclocked the processor? That would explain heat damage. But that is not possible, the owner of the pad is not very handy with tablets :) That's why i'm trying to find a solution. I have found some repair guys but the cost do not look very interesting looking at the price of a new one.