Welcome to the Bauhn Android Tablet Forum

mczero40

Sep 17, 2012
Hi Drooloord, I have the same issue. I have the Aldi Bauhn Android Tablet (sale Sep 2012) and love it. I bought the Bauhn iPad Bluetooth Keybaord as well. Keyboard Works 100% on the Wife's iPad however to get it to work on this Tablet is interesting to say the least. I have not got it to work but I notice and believe (anyone correct me here if I am wrong) that SOMEHOW you have to "disable" the Default Internal Keyboard. In "Settings" you will notice that the Bluetooth Keyboard is Connected (after setting it up and Connecting/Pairing it etc....) --- but --- the Keyboard mentioned above it in the List is the Internal (Default) Keyboard and it is GREYED OUT so you cant Uncheck this unit. One assumes that if you were able to Unceck this setting that the Bluetooth Keyboard will then take over. But how and where do you HACK (pardon the word) any Settings "inside" the Android or OS to make this something you can Chek/Uncheck at will? If anyone has a hint or answer on this I am sure it will save a lot of future questions from people whom also bought these 2 devices. Sorry I cany help you here Drooloord but maybe someone can answer our cause??? Regards, Zero !!!

bowyerv

Aug 7, 2012
@James474, The workaround to the calendar issue is to install a newer version of calender.apk Make sure that it is for ICS before you do. You may first need to root your device.

bowyerv

Aug 7, 2012
Hi Drooloord, I have the same issue. I have the Aldi Bauhn Android Tablet (sale Sep 2012) and love it. I bought the Bauhn iPad Bluetooth Keybaord as well. Keyboard Works 100% on the Wife's iPad however to get it to work on this Tablet is interesting to say the least. I have not got it to work but I notice and believe (anyone correct me here if I am wrong) that SOMEHOW you have to "disable" the Default Internal Keyboard. In "Settings" you will notice that the Bluetooth Keyboard is Connected (after setting it up and Connecting/Pairing it etc....) --- but --- the Keyboard mentioned above it in the List is the Internal (Default) Keyboard and it is GREYED OUT so you cant Uncheck this unit. One assumes that if you were able to Unceck this setting that the Bluetooth Keyboard will then take over. But how and where do you HACK (pardon the word) any Settings "inside" the Android or OS to make this something you can Chek/Uncheck at will? If anyone has a hint or answer on this I am sure it will save a lot of future questions from people whom also bought these 2 devices. Sorry I cany help you here Drooloord but maybe someone can answer our cause??? Regards, Zero !!!

I believe the problem has to do with no compatible android ICS driver. Therefore the problem is with the keyboard. Suggest you return the keyboard(s) for a refund then seek out a keyboard elsewhere that specifically has an Android ICS driver. Apparently there are many availale

mczero40

Sep 17, 2012
I believe the problem has to do with no compatible android ICS driver. Therefore the problem is with the keyboard. Suggest you return the keyboard(s) for a refund then seek out a keyboard elsewhere that specifically has an Android ICS driver. Apparently there are many availale

Hell Bowyerv,

Thank you for the information you provide - I understand it a little better now........

I suppose at some stage in the future the ICS driver may be looked at by the O/S builders to get over this little issue - here's hoping!

However upon searching I located the following URL which has some interesting comments in it regarding a similar issue and a chap has written his own App to get around it.

I might just look into it on the weekend and see what it does and let others know if ideed it works on Bauhn Tablet..........

[APP][BETA][2.1+] MyBluCon v1.0 & MyBluIME v1.0 - Bluetooth kit to HID devices - xda-developers

Cheers for now and thanks again for your comment - it is appreciated.

gates

Sep 15, 2012
Hi Boweyerv,

Can you you tell exactly how you rooted the AMID-972SX , I got my BAUHN device 2 weeks & been struggling trying to get details on just how I do it. I'm fine with linux / Mac to do the setups etc .
Any help much much appreciated.

gates

Sep 15, 2012
Hi Team, re: rooting Bauhn - AMID-972SX .

Anyone able to assist me in this ??

regards & thx in advance.

gates

Sep 15, 2012
Hi Team ,

Can anybody please assist ... I've had this great tablet for going on 3 weeks now & still struggling to find anyone who can tell how I root it ...I'm ok with Linux/Mac or whatever in terms of OS based comms etc but just need to know what steps to follow.

Have yet to find anything relating to just what ROMS' are on this device or what details i need to go searching things out for myself .... so any help is much appreciated .

regards,

gates

Sep 15, 2012
Can anybody please assist ... I've had this great tablet for going on 3 weeks now & still struggling to find anyone who can tell how I root it ...I'm ok with Linux/Mac or whatever in terms of OS based comms etc but just need to know what steps to follow.

Have yet to find anything relating to just what ROMS' are on this device or what details i need to go searching things out for myself .... so any help is much appreciated .

regards,

gates

Sep 15, 2012

regards,

bowyerv

Aug 7, 2012
Hi Gates,

Sorry, been away.

I rooted using this post and instructions : [ROOT] Rooting Toolkit for Xperia 2011 ICS [FW:.562]{LOCKED & UNLOCKED BOOTLOADERS} - xda-developers
I used windows though.

The instructions are not specifically for our device but they work. Just ignore the error messages.

Make sure you do the preparation, ie. Turn on usb debugging, in developer settings within system settings and try set the display to remain on for a minimum of 10mins.

The file you download the is a batch file. Follow the instructions. I have done this successfully four out of four times.

Last edited:

barclac

Sep 15, 2012
I've had mine now for 3 weeks .no problems.also rooted but is there a cwm recovery we can try .its the only thing missing.

bowyerv

Aug 7, 2012
I've had mine now for 3 weeks .no problems.also rooted but is there a cwm recovery we can try .its the only thing missing.

+1 to CWM for this device.

I'm not aware of any development work for this yet. First step would be to get a copy of the firmware for backup purposes. It has been released for the first model so maybe the manufacturer will be generous here too.

Robbo

Sep 8, 2012
hi
i am steve , my bauhn tablet 1.5Ghz does not work with flash, i tried to update it and it said the package was no signed correctly.
any solution for this, it would be much appreciated.

thanks.
steve

Mine both (1GHz single core and 1.5 GHz dual core) came with Flash installed, but the dual core won't update to the newer version of Flash. ICS was the last version of the Android OS to support it apparently, so it must be blocked from update now.

aiffaiff69

Oct 2, 2012
I have a Bauhn android tablet, which I stupidly dropped and of course have cracked the screen. Is there any way to get it fixed or am I looking at saving for a new tablet. Any help/ideas would be appreciated.