Welcome to the Bauhn Android Tablet Forum

alisneaky

Nov 3, 2012
Hi Guys,

finally I've found a decent thread for my tablet....so my brother gave it to me today because he couldn't figure out why it wouldn't turn on...I've looked in the manual and it says to reset factory (recovery mode) to press and hold the power and volume down button. it also says that you should charge it for at least an hour. I've done the recharge. no LED's come on while charging. Is this normal?

the tablet does not turn on, does not show a Bauhn logo and does not go into recovery....any ideas?

cheers..

pellicle

Oct 23, 2012
if fully charged, yeah, you wont get a red led. So how long you have pressed the three buttons for?

alisneaky

Nov 3, 2012
never mind...I hooked it to the computer with USB cable and started charging and turned on....it's running fine now...think the charger is stuffed. cheers otherwise

any good threads on how to root it? I want JB on it...it's running 4.0.3

cruiser80

Nov 21, 2012
Hi all, this is my first post as it is the only forum dedicated to bauhn tablets i have been able to find so please excuse me if this is not posted in the correct place.

the other day my 972XS complained something about the battery and or chip, but as it was low i ignored the warning and plugged it in.
well it now seems i should have taken more notice as i have the following situation....

when charged (?) it shows 100% for about 2-3 hours then drops suddenly to 80 thern to 73 then shuts down. once i reconnect the charger it goes to 99% and stays there even if i charge it over night.
i have done a "Hard reset" (not with the vol buttons) but this has not changed anything. is this a common thing or is mine unique??

any advise or suggestions greatfully recieved.

Regs Wayne

yooblues

Nov 25, 2012
Hi Wayne - no solution I'm afraid but a similar problem. My battery level constantly shows full 100%. Didn't get an error message, but it did freeze just prior to this happening and had to do an 8 second restart. Anyone else with similar problems?

Cheers

Steve

Last edited:

velo

Nov 29, 2012
My 972 XS has the same problem,
Battery shows 100% for much longer than it should, 2 to 3 hours.
It does eventually drop not too sure what to but around 60%.
Tablet switches off suddenly with no low battery warning.

I contacted Tempo who told me to do Instruction book page 41 firmware reset, this didn't fix the problem
Tempo then told me to send them the tablet by registered post.

Too bad it's just over the 60 days money back period.

cruiser80

Nov 21, 2012
well i am pleased to say that a firmware reset has fixed my battery problem. it now report the battery status as i would expect. however now whenever i touch the screen a red border about 3-4 mm wide flashes.

Regs Wayne

velo

Nov 29, 2012
I sent my 972XS to tempo for repair for the battery showing 100% charge problem and after about 1 week they sent me back a new one.
No contact from Tempo or explanation as to what was wrong so I guess that it was irrepairable.

cruiser80

Nov 21, 2012
Well mine has returned to the "Pre-Firmware" reset condition. i reset it a second time which removed the "red border" issue but still have the "dodgy" battery.
i think i will follow your lead Velo and contact Tempo for further instructions.

its a pity really as they are a useful addition to my kit without all the apple hype a price tag.

Regs Wayne

JoyeB

Aug 11, 2012
tried to download update- at network setup said "no freesize for download file" have no idea what that means Help please!!

nevd

Feb 4, 2013
The "root" procedure assumes a USB driver on your PC (connect USB cable to PHONE and then connect to PC). I have a WIn8 PC and cannot find a driver for the Bauhn Tablet. When I connect the USB cable, windows is oblivious. I'm more interested in getting the USB driver to enable Android App development using the Bauhn Tablet as the client. The App Builder procedures I'm using are from this website - http://appinventor.mit.edu/explore/install-app-inventor-software.html . When the "adb devices" command is entered on my Win8/PC the daemon starts OK but no devices are listed. With the USB driver connected I would expect this application to find the Bauhn and for Win8 to recognize when the tablet is conneted via USB. Can anyone provide links to Win8 (64 bit) USB drivers for the Bauhn tablet?

59young

Feb 22, 2013
Hi, I'm newbie and just bought latest model (AMiD-973G) from Aldi today. Been searching this (and other) forums for info on charging. Been plugged in to mains power for almost 11 hrs and still not fully charged. How long does first charge take? Notice your comment about no LED's coming on, no logo, or tablet turning on - ditto with this model. If I hold on button for a few seconds the Bauhn logo comes up then large battery showing 3/4 full and still charging, then it switches off. Interested in your experience. All the best....

Candrawati

Feb 23, 2013
Hi, I'm newbie and just bought latest model (AMiD-973G) from Aldi today. Been searching this (and other) forums for info on charging. Been plugged in to mains power for almost 11 hrs and still not fully charged. How long does first charge take? Notice your comment about no LED's coming on, no logo, or tablet turning on - ditto with this model. If I hold on button for a few seconds the Bauhn logo comes up then large battery showing 3/4 full and still charging, then it switches off. Interested in your experience. All the best....

Hi,
We're having the same problem with the 973G - battery level showing 58% now for a few hours and still charging. Thought the problem may be the DC adaptor but getting the same result charging via the computer. Will be contacting Tempo on Monday - if no satisfactory answer, the unit is going back.
I bought the 971R last year - there were some issues to start with but after some fiddling in the settings (which wasn't explained in the manual), managed to get it up and running and it hasn't looked back.
Even allowing for Aldi's returns policy, it's not a very satisfactory experience having to return or question goods.
Will be interested to see how many others are having the same charging problem with the 973G
Good luck with it!