Welcome to the Nook Touch Forum on AndroidTablets.net!

dandroid

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 15, 2009
We would like to welcome everyone to the newest forum section on AndroidTablets.net dedicated to the Barnes & Noble Nook Touch!

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I touch my nook all the time and encourage others to do the same ;)

Anybody care to write a review of their Nook Touch? Maybe compare it to the Nook Color if you have both?

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
How can one compare an e reader ( touch) to a tablet (nook color)?
Gg
Sent from my LG-MS690 using Android Tablet Forum

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Well they are different that is for sure but this ereader happens to also run on Android which technically could make it a tablet. Of course it has lots of other issues to overcome. Personally I wouldn't want it a my primary tablet with black and white but I think using Android as the base software is pretty awesome just for the potential.

JP

maryv

Oct 21, 2011
Well, I would REALLY like to find a way to root the new Nook Simple Touch to replace my Kindle and allow me to read multiple formats, including 500 Kindle books I have purchased... has anyone done this sucessfully???? Please help me, I hate to buy one and waste money. I know that the rest of you really like all the cool features of full tablets, and I also think they are cool, but I'm not able to read on backlit devices..... I hate to buy the Amazon Touch because it has no SD card.... Please, at least tell me what you think??

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
People are having success with the new Sony ereader, I saw FBreader running on one, so it is possible.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Android Tablet Forum

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Well, I would REALLY like to find a way to root the new Nook Simple Touch to replace my Kindle and allow me to read multiple formats, including 500 Kindle books I have purchased... has anyone done this sucessfully???? Please help me, I hate to buy one and waste money. I know that the rest of you really like all the cool features of full tablets, and I also think they are cool, but I'm not able to read on backlit devices..... I hate to buy the Amazon Touch because it has no SD card.... Please, at least tell me what you think??

Yes you can do it and it is fairly simple (no pun intended) if you know adb. Even if you don't it shouldn't be too hard to figure out though getting the Android SDK on your computer can be a chore.

NookTouch Rooting - nookDevs