Welcome to the Novo7 Forum!

boneskid1

Dec 30, 2011
i myself almost bought the teclast but i watched a couple of videos and read reviews and discovered that it was a resistive touch screen the battery life sucked, and there was something
else that made me jump for the novo7 basic and the novo7 is supposed to have flash support on the honeycomb update not froyo.
then again the information i found could be false there is no true information on this stuff just what its supposed to have or support

also if you are looking for a good text messaging app to use via wi-fi i use text+ on my touch pro2 and it runs plenty fast and it has a smaller processor and ram size than
anything you can imagine as a added bonus you can call with it as well

Last edited:

Sir_Cusfreak

Nov 29, 2011
Are you sure it was the same model of teclast? this one says capacitive...but I know. I'm having a hard time trusting the ads. hard to be sure about anything with these. Hell, one site says the Novo plays flash, one says it doesn't. Even right here in this thread, one post says it came with Flash installed, one post says it can't. I don't know what to think. They're doing this huge ad for "omgithasICS - firsties!" and then we hear from the first user with one that it shipped with honeycomb? wow. I'd have bought this as a honeycomb tablet...no need to misrepresent.

I was all set to buy this Novo, but then I hear that apps don't work with MIPS.

I'm looking for a $120 tablet that will play arcade-style browser flash games (my kid likes her little webkins or whatever) send texts so she can bug me all day, read books (bought her kindle books for xmas since I thought she'd be able to use them) and preferably has a capacitive screen.

Does one exist?

Honestly, don't care 2 licks about ICS, really...it'd be cool and all, but not my goal. She doesn't need 8gb on board...she spent her xmas money on a good SD card and a keyboard-case (for a 7" tablet that I sent back today because it was absolutely terrible - it just didn't work. If it had done what it said it would, it would have been great. The listed stats on it weren't impressive, but it didn't even live up to those...) As for the replacement, I just want whatever it does have to work. Hell, I love my Froyo tablet. It works. (it's also much more expensive, and she's not getting one of these, unfortunately.)

hard to know what to get.

boneskid1

Dec 30, 2011
Sir the teclast I found reviews and such for was the p76ti or however its spelled
And what tablet did you end up buying your daughter?

Thanks,
Boneskid1

Sir_Cusfreak

Nov 29, 2011
I had originally ordered her a WM8650 because while reading about it, I found a custom rom for it that I had planned to install. I knew going in it wasn't going to be a great tablet, but I thought it would be alright for a kid. And if it had worked, it probably would have been ok.
The Tablet I actually received was not the WM8650, though, but instead a InfoTMic something, anyway there was no custom rom for it. The stock firmware it came with was terrible - it had a battery life of less than an hour because they didn't include any way to make the 3G ever stop scanning for a network and it was using 80% of the battery life. (the company said they would release a firmware update to fix it, but that didn't happen during the time I had it. Don't know if they have fixed it now or not.) They also advertised the official market, but we could never get it to work in English. The resistive screen wasnt good. (Ive used resistive screens that were not so bad) It was just all around bad news. The custom rom is being developed for it, but it wasn't worth keeping for us. I sent it back. Now I want to get her something else, I'm just not sure what. Might go with a Kyros, but again worried about the screen. I don't know what to replace it with. This Nova seems ok, for what she wants to use, but the MIPS thing has me concerned too.
I can't go over that $120 mark right now, so I'll have to find something that works in that range.
I'm still looking.

boneskid1

Dec 30, 2011
you could go with a novo7 paladin its the same as the basic but with out the cameras or hdmi input.
but if she wants something to play games and surf the web a kyros or even a nook color would do the job i held out a hand for the kyros at first
but there is so many versions of it i had no clue which tablet had which options. in the end i hope you find what you are looking for

keyser

Jan 12, 2012
I just got a [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ainol Novo 7 Basic 3.2 android it works fine ... except i cant record with the rear 2 MP Camara.... the front camera work just fine takes pictures and records but the rear 2 MP one just takes pictures ...[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]When i switch to record mode and press the button nothing append, it makes MP4 files to memory but with just 1kb long. i keep pressing and the files keep coming :)) empty. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In the front camera when a press the button it makes a sound and the REC appears in the top left corner. but not in the rear one... can someone help me? i think the rear camera is for recording to ... right ... or just takes pictures????[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Is there another camera application i can use, i cant find nothing.[/FONT]

Last edited:

Weily68

Jan 10, 2012
It looks like these are shipping for around $150 in the US now. I'm really considering picking one up. I received the SYTAB10ST for Christmas and was not pleased, so this is a replacement.

Will let you know how I feel once it arrives!

Last edited: