Welcome to the Sony Tablet S Forum - Covering the new Sony Tablet S

Xoom1

Jul 27, 2011
I went to Best buy yesterday and played with the Sony for a bit. Wasn't impressed.. IMO my Galaxy 10.1 blows it out of the water.. The Sony felt cheap. Like a kids toy.. They screen will scratch super easy and feels like plexiglass.. I like the haptic feedback,the Sony doesn't have it.. I know some people don't care. I did feel good in my hands tho,but just felt too cheap.. Again, just my opinion..

einsnico

Sep 18, 2011
I went to Best buy yesterday and played with the Sony for a bit. Wasn't impressed.. IMO my Galaxy 10.1 blows it out of the water.. The Sony felt cheap. Like a kids toy.. They screen will scratch super easy and feels like plexiglass.. I like the haptic feedback,the Sony doesn't have it.. I know some people don't care. I did feel good in my hands tho,but just felt too cheap.. Again, just my opinion..

Sony felt cheap? According to some expert in the field the Samsung feels cheap, also they decided the Sony is better, not by a lot, but at the end Better!!

Sony Tablet S vs. Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 - CNET Prizefight - CNET.com

check the link above for more details.

Xoom1

Jul 27, 2011
Expert in the field..lol What's different with the Sony besides the shape compared to say the Iconia..? The Screen on the Sony is terrible.. Its plexiglass.. It will scratch in a sec.. Plus,the colors do not look as good as on a gorilla glass screen.. The so called expert has his opinion.. Sony is probably lining his pocket..

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hey Admin why are Sony Tablets under "Other minor Android Tablet Brands"

I'm not sure, but it might be because the Sony forum has a total of 6 threads with 46 posts and a forum like the Nook has 1,377 threads with 18,477 posts. Just guessing.:rolleyes:

sonys1

Sep 17, 2011
You should probably stick to your galaxy tab forum

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Android Tablet Forum

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
You should probably stick to your galaxy tab forum

Not to worry, when he had the Xoom he Trolled most other forums spouting the same line only now the Galaxy Tab is The One. The Sony is probably some kind of threat to his need for perceived tablet superiority. I think they are both great tablets but Sony has a way of taking things to the next level, rarely satisfied with the status quo. I am seriously interested in the S2 or P or whatever they end up calling their dual screen creation.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Android Tablet Forum

108060p

Sep 19, 2011
Does this guy jump between forums bashing everything he doesn't own? Buy a Tablet S, play with it for a week, then post your unsubstantiated ramblings that no one takes serious. I have had the tablet for a week and find it as useful as the iPad I returned last year. Biggest difference between the iPad? iPad heavier. Which is why you probably feel the Sony is cheap. Gorilla glass? How heavy do you want it to be? The screen will not scratch any worse than any other tablet.

Xoom1

Jul 27, 2011
Yes,the screen will scratch.. They skimped on the screen for weight.. Just wait til that Sony has been out for a while and the newness wears off and we get some real reviews.. Watch all the people crying about the screen.. I'm not sayin,I'm just sayin..

firestpr111

Sep 30, 2011
I just received my Sony S tablet, very excited but I had prepared for this tablet by putting several music albums on a SD card. When I insert the card the music won't play. 1st: the songs are not formatted for this device. I have to re-format all my music to MP3's ( does any body know of a conversion program where I can convert all my music at once, instead of one song or one album at a time). Conversion will take hours if you have lots of music. I think this tablet should play all formatted types. 2nd: I thought that the music would play directly from the SD card but from what I figured out you have to transfer the music from the external storage to the internal storage to play. Without detailed instructions its hard to figure this out. I have a $20. Sansa Sandisk that plays all my music from my laptop, why wouldn't this $600. device do the same. Help, please. And thanks, any assistance will be appreciated.

firestpr111

Sep 30, 2011
Hello everybody, I have some remarks and a request for some help. I downloaded the Splashtop Remote app. It came with the purchase. It's really cool, it accesses my laptop and I can play all my music from my computer, see pics from my computer etc. very nice. The big test will be taking this to a remote location and to see if it works. But any way.
I just received my Sony S tablet, very excited but I had prepared for this tablet by putting several music albums on a SD card. When I insert the card the music won't play. 1st: the songs are not formatted for this device. I have to re-format all my music to MP3's ( does any body know of a conversion program where I can convert all my music at once, instead of one song or one album at a time). Conversion will take hours if you have lots of music. I think this tablet should play all formatted types. 2nd: I thought that the music would play directly from the SD card but from what I figured out you have to transfer the music from the external storage to the internal storage to play. Without detailed instructions its hard to figure this out. I have a $20. Sansa Sandisk that plays all my music from my laptop, why wouldn't this $600. device do the same. Help, please. And thanks, any assistance will be appreciated.​

marqck

Sep 17, 2011
Look in the app store for a compatible music store. If everyone just accepted the stock limitation of products, this world would go nowhere, so never stop trying.

firestpr111

Sep 30, 2011
I posted above, regarding music on my Sony S. I was in contact with Sony help (live chat). They were very helpful with many of my issues. So here is what I found out. I thought that if I loaded an SD card with music I could play it directly from the card. it doesn't work like that. You have to 1st transfer what ever music you want to hear to the internal memory and it plays great. Well, of course sometime down the line you will remove (delete) that music in order to put more in. So my worring about the Sony S not playing my music in it's current format is gone. I still wish that I could play my songs directly from the SD card, it would so much easier. To delete anything that you transferred you tap on the File Transfer App, Tap on the Internal memory, scroll to Transfer and Tap, then Tap and Hold the song or whatever you want to delete and a window comes up with the Delete option. All this typing could be avoided if there was a User Manual. Next, when I wanted to remove the SD card it was very hard and would catch, (everytime) it drove me nuts. The tech told me to, after you pushed in the card and it poped partially out, to grab the card (you can only get a tiny bit to grab on to) push it slightly back down and then pull it out. That works. I am OK with that but you shouldn't have to do that. Guys I am not trying pick apart this tablet, I just want to have everything that is supposed to work, work. This is a fun product and if all my issues with this tablet are fixed I will keep it.

SilverEye

Oct 8, 2011
Dont use the normal file transfer, download from the market the filemanager hd.. and u will use it as u want.. I recommend to download the mx video player, as it reads everything... I dont have any music films or books on the tablet they all are on the sd card..

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk