Welcome to the Sony Tablet S Forum - Covering the new Sony Tablet S

hey_kuya

Oct 10, 2011
Dont use the normal file transfer, download from the market the filemanager hd.. and u will use it as u want.. I recommend to download the mx video player, as it reads everything... I dont have any music films or books on the tablet they all are on the sd card..

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk

SilverEye, there are 2 filemanager hd apps in market. Which one did you download? Thanks!!!

hey_kuya

Oct 10, 2011
The one that says filemanager hd (honeycomb) from rhythm software.

Thank you SilverEye! I'm new to the whole Android tablet thing, and the Sony Tablet is my very first one I bought. When I first went into the Android market I was like "where the hell do I start"! It's great to see folks like you who can point a guy like me in the right direction. Thanks again!!:)

"C"

SilverEye

Oct 8, 2011
Thank you SilverEye! I'm new to the whole Android tablet thing, and the Sony Tablet is my very first one I bought. When I first went into the Android market I was like "where the hell do I start"! It's great to see folks like you who can point a guy like me in the right direction. Thanks again!!:)

"C"

No problem my friend.. I am new to this world too, but whatever I can help, I will!

Monsterman

Oct 6, 2011
I downloaded Filemanager HD and it works great. This forum has helped me a ton in the first week that I've owned my Sony S Tablet! :cool:

Olavejack

Oct 12, 2011
Has any one tried to connect the ps3 controller through bluetooth and see if you can play a game like that? And how responsive are the game controls on the touch screen? I am thinking about getting one and need a little help deciding. Thank you.

BigSpndr

Oct 15, 2011
Love mine! Works My Denon Receiver, HX929 Sony Tv, Cablebox,WD TV Live Hub,Sony Bluray. Lots of potential with this tablet

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
New member here. Will most certainly be buying a Sony S but have not yet.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Okay, ordered it yesterday. Got a good deal by buying it through Amazon but from digitBargains. You do not get the free 8 gig SD cartd that way but I already have a 16 gig.

gasia89

Oct 28, 2011
Just out of curiosity what did you pay for it? I got mine in a bundle with the docking station and screen protector for $550.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Android Tablet Forum

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
$450, no bundle. Everywhere else I checked had it for $500. Supposed to be here Tuesday! I have the User Manual all printed out.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Thanks for the link. A bit pricey over there. Isn't your exchange rate $1.01 to $1 US? He said he thought it felt a bit plastic-y but I do not feel that way. Having used it for over a week now. It is the same weight as the iPad2. I agree with him about the limited selection of movies. Anyway, I am glad he agrees, it is the best of the rest!

1goodidea

Nov 13, 2011
Thanks for the link. A bit pricey over there. Isn't your exchange rate $1.01 to $1 US? He said he thought it felt a bit plastic-y but I do not feel that way. Having used it for over a week now. It is the same weight as the iPad2. I agree with him about the limited selection of movies. Anyway, I am glad he agrees, it is the best of the rest!

Yes, unfortunately, we get screwed a bit on pricing even when our dollar is strong. I guess it is mostly due to our small market, plus, pricing here is required by law to include sales tax (which we call GST - 10%).

I'm going to have to drop into a Sony store and have a play. Enjoy.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
So your prices include taxes? I ask because we will be down there in March. We will be cruising from Perth, over to NZ and end in Sydney. What can we expect, weather-wise?

If you arte looking for a 10" tablet, definitely check out the Sony S. Also the Acer Iconia A500, which was my 2nd choice.