Welcome to the Sony Tablet S Forum - Covering the new Sony Tablet S

bpetrie

Jan 24, 2012
I got mine last week and I am loving it-maybe too much-wathcing movies on Netflix everynight before I dose off to sleep. Playing words with friends, checking email, both my work exhange email and gmail! Love the Remote Control on this device as well. Another app related to this is the Xfinity app that my local Cable Co(Comcast) is associated with. Go through the channel line-up, see something you like, tap the left hand column next to the show, and voila, the channel is changed on my cable box! Still learning all the functionality...but great so far!

hpjtv

Jan 30, 2012
Yes,the screen will scratch.. They skimped on the screen for weight.. Just wait til that Sony has been out for a while and the newness wears off and we get some real reviews.. Watch all the people crying about the screen.. I'm not sayin,I'm just sayin..

I got myself an ultra durable invisible scratch proof full body protector and everything looks great. Doesn't add any noticable weight or bulk and keeps the tablet from getting scratched. My wife personalized it by adding decorative stickers on the back. Much better than getting a hard case.

hpjtv

Jan 30, 2012
PS I paid $349(tax and delivery included) on Rapidbuyr for the 16G model.

wow talk about price drop.... on another note, can't wait for Sony to upgrade this tablet to Android 4. Also, I'm trying to run The Sims 3 but it doesn't seem to work on the Sony tablet S. It works on my Android 2.2 phone and my other tablet running Android 2.1. Not sure if it's because of the Android 3.2 on the Sony or not. Any ideas? Thanks.

hpjtv

Jan 30, 2012
@ adubrovs

You should be able to stream videos from Sony Table to PS3 with DNLA, I've done it from Smartphone (Droid X) to PS3 using DNLA.
What you can't do is use the Remote control app to control the PS3 since, I believe, the PS3 does not use IR.

I'm interested in this.. did some searching and couldn't find anything... I think you meant DLNA and not DNLA :)

demonyob

Mar 31, 2012
I am having the problem with switching on the Sony tablet S. I can not switch it on although it is completely charged. Reset worked once. again after a week , i am having this problem. Does anyone have the similar problem with it?

fugas

Aug 17, 2012
I am having the problem with switching on the Sony tablet S. I can not switch it on although it is completely charged. Reset worked once. again after a week , i am having this problem. Does anyone have the similar problem with it?

The same, few weeks ago. After two days I reseted it again and connected to charger - it started charging from zero (however it should be charged completely!) and switched on.