Well.... got my new Onda Vi40 Elite today, but how do I get it to work?

Scrubmuncher

May 6, 2012
I switched it on, and have the little Android guy bobbing up and down, but no further. I plugged it into my laptop, and it downloaded 3 things and then said ready to use, still no change on the tablet, just a little green Android guy bobbing about.
I can't find any instruction guide and so I am absolutely stuck.
Can someone help me please, ASAP.
Thanks

Scrubmuncher

May 6, 2012
Have you charged it fully?

Hi,
Thankyou so much for the response, I was beginning to feel a bit helpless here. I haven't fully charged it no. I opened the box, switched the unit on, the little green android guy popped up and started bobbing about. So I pressed the 3 bottom buttons expecting something to happen and nothing did, so I plugged it into my laptop, and I got a pop up as it identified the unit and downloaded 3 software files, then on my laptop came a prompt 'ready to use'. This then went off and I have been left with a bobbing green android guy since. I seem unable to do anything. But the guy has been bobbing and it has been plugged into my laptop for about 3 hours. Do you think I need to wall charge it, I presumed it would charge from the laptop?

Scrubmuncher

May 6, 2012
I have just plugged it into what I presume is the charger port, but there is nothing showing up to show that it is on charge, just this same green android guy bobbing up and down. This is the problem, I'm not even sure this port for the charger is the correct port as there are absolutely no instructions and it is not obvious. The port has a -C+ symbol, I'm not even sure what that represents. But there are no other obvious holes for the charger so............

J

jimbo7630

It cannot draw enough current from the laptop to enable it to charge, you MUST use the wall charger. If you look at the charger it will probably have printed on it 100-240 v 2A (could be 2,5A or even 3A) that's why your laptop or computer cannot charge it - not got sufficient "grunt".

Scrubmuncher

May 6, 2012
I have it charging now, I think, nothing obvious, is this normal, no battery bar or anything.
Also would the green man be there is it was not charged. How long will the charge take?
Can you also prepare me for what I can do once it has enough charge, if this is infact my problem.
Thanks.

J

jimbo7630

When you switch it on is there a light (blue or maybe green) somewhere (it will be tiny) and does it show a different colour, usually red, when you put the charger in?

J

jimbo7630

Try this, switch it off and if it is charging you should be able to see the charging light still illuminated.

Scrubmuncher

May 6, 2012
hi,
no, just this green android man bobbing up and down as he has ben doing for the last 3 or 4 hours.

Scrubmuncher

May 6, 2012
I turn it off, and then when I put the chrger in, the little green man comes back up. no red lights but the android guy popping up seems to be controlled by the power being attached

Scrubmuncher

May 6, 2012
Switching it off, flicking to lock over and pressing the on/off button for about 5 seconds. I left it for about a minute and then entered the charger and it made the Android guy come on.

J

jimbo7630

That sounds like a new one on me, I suppose that COULD replace the charging LED but I've never seen that before. Think we need a real expert here!!

Scrubmuncher

May 6, 2012
Thanks,
presuming it was charged, then what would be the next step to getting out of this screen of the green man and inside the tablet?