Well.... got my new Onda Vi40 Elite today, but how do I get it to work?

Scrubmuncher

May 6, 2012
Is EbellKing 10 Inch Tablets - Android Tablet not a well known distributor then? It says they are in China but the unit got to me within 48 hours with a SL postmark on it, so obviously not from china. I know it's only 170quid, but it is alot for something that doesn't work or come with a manual. I hope they refund without issue.

Last edited:

Scrubmuncher

May 6, 2012
There are horror stories about Ebelking on this site.

Check out this thread> http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ion/28875-has-anyone-dealt-ebellking-com.html

hmm, I feel a bit sick, I don't have the money for another one, hence it took me so long to make my mind up. But it came from the UK, it had an SL postal code on it. But I can not find any phone number or address for them, they keep that well hidden. I must say I was impressed, it was sent special delivery and here this morning on a bank holiday week which is pretty good, I ordered it monday so. And the woman on the emails has been pretty polite, until tonight when I've been asking for answers and decisions. I feel ill now, 170quid is too much for me to lose and returning it to china? Well, I did pay using paypal so that might stand for something. But my holiday gadget looks out the window.

J

jimbo7630

They have U.K phone numbers because supposedly "Eric" lives here, in Cardiff if I remember right. There are members who have the phone numbers but they may not be online all the time.

If it is definitely defective the sooner you raise a claim with PayPal the better.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scrubmuncher

May 6, 2012
Well I sent an email to them telling them I have been less than happy. Why is there no manual, why does it not work, but also that I understand these things happen. But I've given them the chance to send me a new unit, with manual fully up and running out the box by friday or I want a refund and a UK address to return it to. It came from the UK and so I will be returning it to where it came from with the recorded address. I am hoping paypal back me up on that. A return should surely go to where it came from, no? not the other side of the planet.
I'm a bit put off now actually. I know whatever it is not going to be as smooth running as I hoped. My friends were telling me to get an iPad, but it was just out of my price range, but I may live to regret it.
I've had a dispute with paypal before, and it took 3 months to get a refund, which will leave me 3 months without a unit or the cash to use elsewhere. Sickening, but hopefully they have changed their ways and will be good about it.
I know the woman who has emailed me is not English but goes under the name Clare, so I'm just thinking the worst now.
We live and learn.

Scrubmuncher

May 6, 2012
They can be quite dodgy with that if they want to. I pealed the front screen cover off as it said 'peel me off before using', I knew it wouldn't make any difference but I was trying anything at that point, lol. And I uncovered the back plastic to uncover the a speaker and that hasn't gone back on very well. Also this return in 7 days? but they don't give an address, and to send it to china within 7 days will cost 50 odd quid.
On the other hand that 12month warranty looks like I'm going to be offered a new unit doesn't it. Mind I don't know if that is free, I didn't buy any warranty. If they send me a unit I don't have to be a genius in computer sciences to get working then I'll be happy.
I think my upset is I had to decide whether to have 2 weeks holiday or 1 weeks holiday and a tablet. I should have gone for the 2 week holiday maybe, lol.

Last edited:
J

jimbo7630

Obviously I don't know the legal ins and outs but it seems reasonable to remove the protective films in order to get the device working, (which apparently it did not!) Email them again requesting a return address and to confirm that they will refund any postage. Good luck and try to have a good holiday at least.

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Hi, is your tablet branded? Ie: does it have manufacturers name on tablet & box? Tho' I've not heard of whether thete is an oem version or no.(oem means built using same parts but not necessarily at the manufacturers factory, so standards of build quality may vary greatly). I myself have an oem sanei n90 not much different from your tab. Firstly somewhere usually near the charger dock there should be a pinhole with a light to show if unit is on/off/charging. It is very small & you may have missed it. Idid on mine til charging overnight, I saw a faint glow. Second. Thete are youtube vids out there that should show how to set languages ( hopefully should you get past this problem) third, usually to reset tabs sometimes ( quite often,) you need to hold down power button at the same time as vol up/down buttons. Try with both to make sure if this works or no. Lastly, I've heard onda support isn't too good but if you try one of the supporting vendors on this forum, they may be able to help you. It sounds to me like you have downloaded some upgrade but have not followed the correct procedure to install it. I'm no expert but this has happened to me before but luckily I had knowledge of how to reset my old tablet. As for the pinhole reset button this could be anywhere along the edges of your tab and many devices are notoriously difficult to reset this way. Dpnt give up, I'm sure once the problem has been sorted out you'll have a great device( I wanted one myself but money & stock availability at the time prevented this)
If all else fails try a websearch on your pc to see if anyone else has encounteted this problem.

Sent from my M9701 using Android Tablet

mrtim

May 9, 2012
sales have got back to me again,can't fault response time to be honest,and been told to update to v1.1
[h=2][/h]

Scrubmuncher

May 6, 2012
I must apologise to Ebellking for my over reaction after reading the nightmare stories online. Actually this guys customer service is great, I completely over reacted on it from others experiences.
He has refunded me in full before I even get the unit posted tomorrow which is very nice indeed. So I will infact get two lots of refund and then have to send him back the refunded money that paypal send me once the case is complete.
So my overall experience is he has been extremely helpful, i have a UK returns address, his direct email and he has been in constant contact while he has paid this money into my paypal account. So I'm quite content. I can even go out now and buy a fully functioning unit, from a shop this time.
Which is a huge headache all over again. It's a shame as I really like the aluminium and the shape of it, it is a nice looking solid unit, just doesn't work and left a bit of a nasty taste, unfortunately.

J

jimbo7630

Nice to see that you have got this outcome, maybe EbellKing have been much maligned in error! Anyway I hope you get a Tablet either to take with you or wherever you go to (Maybe there'll be a bigger choice there!)

Last edited by a moderator: