Well, well, well...What do we have here?

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
Hey Gang,

O66yH.gif

I just stumbled on this Barnes & Noble reportedly to launch new Nook Color in September

I wonder what that's all about....

Bunch of speculation here http://liliputing.com/2011/09/next-gen-barnes-noble-nook-color-coming-this-month.html

I
guess we'll just have to wait and see....

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Cool but mixed message with the whole e-ink thing. Sounds more rumor than anything at this point because of that. Besides they would really be keeping a tight secret with a reported release so close and so little information out there at this point.

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
To my knowledge color e-ink is still a long way off from being viable. It's extremely slow to refresh and very expensive. Don't see it happening in the next gen Nook. Also, if a Nook Color 2 was imminent, seems to me that they would have dropped the price on the current one to get rid of stock. Sounds more like they might be coming out with a new version of the original Nook to fit between the NC and NST.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I imagine they have some plan to deal with the imminent release of an Amazon tablet. If rumours are correct it will be a much more powerful device for the same price as the Nook Color.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Android Tablet Forum