What an Android tablet can do?

poikaa

Jun 12, 2011
I am almost totally dumb at what an Android can do.... I have only sampled them in stores and these were Xoom and Acer tablets. Now I am familiar with the potential of Desk top and laptop computers. What I would like to know if tablets are capable of running external devices, maybe via Blue tooth or perhaps wire link? Printers? :eek:

poikaa:cool:

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
One can plug a USB stick/drive into it. A keyboard can be plugged in the bottom but I'm not sure Acer or xoom has released one yet. The HDMI connection can connect to your TV. It has got wifi so connecting to a network is not a problem or the internet. Skype is also possible. So tablets will have 3G connection so they can be used like a phone - with the 2 cameras the tablets have you could made a video call. Even take photos and videos, email, chat, eBay, twitter and facebook (I don't do twitter or facebook).

The new version of HONEYCOMB will grant tablets more functionality which is in the process of release and upgrade. A tablet is as useful as small notebook and much nicer to use than a net book. I have all 3 and I find the tablet more useful each day.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

vince1979

May 23, 2011
Surf the net, watch videos, take pictures, move pictures from your PC to your android tablet by simply drag and drop method.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mar 30, 2011
I am almost totally dumb at what an Android can do.... I have only sampled them in stores and these were Xoom and Acer tablets. Now I am familiar with the potential of Desk top and laptop computers. What I would like to know if tablets are capable of running external devices, maybe via Blue tooth or perhaps wire link? Printers? :eek:

poikaa:cool:

What do you need/want it to do? Its easier to customize an answer for what you need it to do.

Jun 29, 2011
I have a bluetooth keyboard for mine. I haven't tried bluetooth printing because I don't have a printer that is bluetooth.
Splashtop HD turns your tablet into a desktop manipulator, your finger becomes the mouse , with full desktop usage via your tablet. This includes streaming on the desktop but shows up on your tablet

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone