what and when do you pay for apps?

romannelli

Feb 28, 2013
Once you download a free app, there are some that want money to progress...on games eg. If you wanted to go further into the game, does the app show you a screen? where you agree to go onwards to buying it etc.
Also following on from my last post re' credit/debit card payment setup with playstore. If I were to reset the tablet back to factory reset, would that mean I would have to re-enter all my card details again even though the previous details are being held by them (whoever they are) At present I have nothing on the tablet that I wish to save, so resetting would pose no problem.
Thanks all.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I'm not certain I follow. A free app is a free app. There shouldn't be any cost involved if it's free. If you are referring to the Play Store, yes the credentials are stored in Google so if you did a reset and used the same credentials to set your tablet back up you would not need to do that again.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
There are some apps with in app purchases to allow you to progress, or to progress faster.

I don't care for any games enough to do this myself, but others may.

romannelli

Feb 28, 2013
I'm not certain I follow. A free app is a free app. There shouldn't be any cost involved if it's free. If you are referring to the Play Store, yes the credentials are stored in Google so if you did a reset and used the same credentials to set your tablet back up you would not need to do that again.

Thanks for that, I should have made it clearer.
However, if I used all the same credentials to get up and running again but did not to re-register to buy from play store, would someone still be able to buy, because play store would still be holding my details from the first setup that are connected to my g-mail account.
sorry to be a pain!

romannelli

Feb 28, 2013
Thanks for that, I should have made it clearer.
However, if I used all the same credentials to get up and running again but did not to re-register to buy from play store, would someone still be able to buy, because play store would still be holding my details from the first setup that are connected to my g-mail account.
sorry to be a pain!

Many thanks for that:)