What Android app - to read self created epub files.. ?

Candlestick

Mar 30, 2011
What Google App - can I use as a general book reader - to read - epub documents that I create from calibre.

I have been reading alot of epub content - on another reader - that I'd like to move to my nook. Right now - I've got Kindle app, Nook app, and Google Books ( I think .. ?)

Can either of those read general e-pub content on a rooted NC android tablet. Or should I be looking for an alternative app?

Thanks

Candlestick

Mar 30, 2011
you should be able to read those files with the b and n reader

Maybe the reader - without CM7 on it - but I tried putting the epub file on every Nook App folder - and I can't get it to show up on the app to read. Any other suggestions??

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
There are tons of options for reading epub. The B&N should be able to do it, CM7 also comes with the google books app which should be able to read epub. Aldiko is a popular choice but go to the Market and take your pick.

chris30673

Feb 4, 2011
Maybe the reader - without CM7 on it - but I tried putting the epub file on every Nook App folder - and I can't get it to show up on the app to read. Any other suggestions??

I am on CM7, and my epub files are in the "my documents" folder under nook folder.

Candlestick

Mar 30, 2011
I am on CM7, and my epub files are in the "my documents" folder under nook folder.

I was able to find it there too. I accidentally put .txt files in the folder - and wasn't coming up in my readers. I got it in both reader apps now - I'll have to play around with both - and see which one I like better Nook app - or Aldiko app.

angelnana

Apr 19, 2014
For they are your personal epub documents, you can copy them to your android tablet to the "Documents" folder or "Books" folder. Then open with "Play Books", for it's the original android reading app.

Of course there are another more apps for you to have a try, such as FBReader.