What Apps do you use (in general) on your WM8650 Tablet?

lithuanian98

May 5, 2011
Has anyone tried QuickOffice Pro? I saw some one mentioned about using a mouse. Is there a particular kind that will work?

VonSpyder

Apr 16, 2011

Dajo

Apr 20, 2011
Great work you are doing for our tablets.

Btw the tablet can play mkv, and divx?

bobng89

Apr 22, 2011
Most mp3/4/5 player from china is able to play rmvb video but not so for their tablet, maybe they substituted the chip with a chip optimsed for tablet but not video playing to save cost.. haha, just my 2cents worth..

The tablet recognise any usb keyboard n mouse,i presume. But, there is a leather case with keyboard, designed for used with this tablet in ebay..

Thanks Von, for spendin time to test out so many apps

Dajo

Apr 20, 2011
Most mp3/4/5 player from china is able to play rmvb video but not so for their tablet, maybe they substituted the chip with a chip optimsed for tablet but not video playing to save cost.. haha, just my 2cents worth..

The tablet recognise any usb keyboard n mouse,i presume. But, there is a leather case with keyboard, designed for used with this tablet in ebay..

I bought one for 12$ ( ship included)

VonSpyder

Apr 16, 2011

everyone is quite welcome. the problem with rmvb is the codecs used in android. they use a different android build in their tablets which is why you need a special app to play them...but since the support for those files is from the software and not the hardware it sucks up system resources to play them, ergo, they play slowly. its not to say its not possible to play them well...its just that it would take some remarkably good programming to do it so that system resource use is streamlined...some movie players upload the file to threir server where it is converted and streamed back to you as a work around but if you were going to do that, why not just convert the file? file conversion is what i reccomend anyway since almost everything can play an AVI file. for movie playing i reccomend the Meridian Player and thats the app i am going to reccomend. as i stated v player is the only free app i have found that will play the rmvb file...but its frame rate is pretty low (ide guess around 10-15 fps). vplayer also plays divx files too but i havent tested its capabilities with them...maybe someone who has a divx file can test the app for that and let us know how it does. for right now i say convert to avi and use meridian.

bobng89

Apr 22, 2011
Tats good.. I'm still waiting for my leather case keyboard, which i bought for 12$ too,separately after my tablet came.. it really kill to type without using keyboard.

Dajo

Apr 20, 2011
The Sims 3

How it works? It''s slow or runs well like in this video

Last edited by a moderator:

VonSpyder

Apr 16, 2011
The Sims 3

How it works? It''s slow or runs well like in this video

the version in that video is different from the version i got. the version i have is the standard version (not the t-mobile version) and is not adapted for tablets so its not full screen. it does run smoothly and is perfectly playable though. i wouldnt mind finding out where the apk of THAT version is though...though i suspect youde need a 3g modem to get it.

Dajo

Apr 20, 2011
Btw a friend sugest me this video player: Vital Player , can you test it?

And another suggestion, Astro, file manager, and you will be able to install apps from .apk files

ASTRO File Manager Android App Review by AndroidTapp.com | Android Tapp. Android App Reviews

MyBackup Pro - Backup and Restore Application + Data (root required)

AdFree - Eliminates all pubs smartphone ... good pubs to remove trial versions of certain applications and lite paid (need root)

Advanced Task Killer - Require the finish certain applications that are running in background and does not need at the time ... helps save battery power. (Possibility of using widget)

Astro - Excellent file browser and very thorough. Possibility to install app's via files. Apk

System App Remover - With this application can uninstall applications "stock" (need root)

Barcode Scanner - As the name indicates is a bar code reader

Call Blocker Lite - basically serves to block certain phone numbers ... has dozens of possible configurations, very thorough. It also serves to back up the call log and sms. (Possibility of using widget)

MSN Talk
- MSN Messenger for Android.

Yahoo Mail - Mailbox Yahoo to Android.

Color Flashlite - Turn your smartphone into a flashlight ... and has other cool effects.

Facebook - Facebook on Android (possibility of using widget)

Google Googles - Search the Internet through photos taken with the camera smartphone

Juice Defender - Helps conserve battery life allows for customizing the times when certain phone functions will be active, such as 3G or Wi-Fi (possibility of using widget)

Kaloer Clock - Clock Excellent ... lets put a screensaver with your own image ... very useful if you want to use the smartphone as an authentic bedroom alarm clock.

Lookout
- is an Anti-virus ... also allows for loss of the device to find him with ropes GPS ... besides many other functions such as deleting data, making the smartphone ring tone, etc ... (Possibility of using widget)

Car Locator - Lets you record a GPS coordinate of where we are ... and later know where. It has a radar and also works with Google Maps for easy detection of the saved location. Already pieles can pick at will not come back to "lose" the car lol ... clear that whoever is going to drive a friend (the possibility of using widget)

Power Amp - Music Player ... for me the most complete and has a great equalizer. (Possibility of using widget)

Weather Bug Elite - Find out the weather conditions ... has lots of information and is very complete. (Possibility of using widget)

My Tracks - Allows you to record GPS tracks and view real-time statistics such as time travel, speed, distance, altitude, etc. .... Can export to google maps.

Penetrate Pro - Allows you to find keys for wireless connections ... very good for seeing if your connection is or is not well protected

Quadrant - To benchmark

Google Translator - It always handy to have a translator

Traffic Counter - Excellent program to control the traffic on the smartphone ... Controls length of calls, sms, wireless traffic, 3G, and spent each application since the last reboot, etc etc etc ... very complete and configurable. (Possibility of using widget)

Quick Note - basically a glue those yellow post-it on screen ... simple and useful (only widget)

Voodoo Control Plus
- Must be my favorite app! Put the sound of your smartphone at the level of an Ipod. (Need root)

NDrive
- GPS

Pic Me - Strip Print Screen Screens Online. (Need root)

Vital Player - Video Player ... read all formats and some more

Smooth Calendar - Calendar extremely simple and functional (Just Widget)

2G-3G OnOff - More easily accessible to turn on or OFF frequently 3G (Just Widget)

App 2 SD Free
- Allows you to switch applications to the SD Card External and vice versa
A friend post this list of apps, and i used google translate, sry for any mistakes, if you can test some of these is works on our tablet would be fantastic

Last edited:

VonSpyder

Apr 16, 2011
our tablets dont have gps so those apps are unusuable to us. juice defender doesnt do squat except use up system resources. barcode scanner wont work with our cameras (every app ive tried that uses the camera doesnt work with it so far) app2sd isnt really needed since the system has the option of doing this in th e applications settings)