What are some MUST HAVE apps for the transformer?

n4dog

Oct 18, 2010
So I have my new TF coming in. I will have it Thursday. What are some of the MUST HAVE apps for a tablet?
Thanks

donmcdougall

Sep 4, 2011
Depends on what you want it for, dropbox for file sharng, Documents to go for work. Google Talk for video conferincing.

TheCentauress

Aug 22, 2011
Splashtop.

Because there are times you need the computing power or program access of a laptop or Desktop, but not the weight.

Sent from my Transformer, via my desktop, using Chrome, by way of Splashtop.

Walkop

Apr 18, 2011
I personally have a few favorites from various categories that worked quite well for me on my Transformer ("worked" because I sold it to save for a Prime). I listed them below.

1. PULSE news. A great news app that compiles stories from the sources that you choose (there is a huge amount) with images, text, etc. in an easy to use and read format. It even has a web-page viewer and allows you to read stories offline! (Free)

2. Angry Birds (Original, Seasons, Rio). That's just a given. Great games. (Free)

3. Photoshop Express. A great photo touch-up app, it allows you to edit brightness, contrast, sharpen an image, blur, add various effects, etc - and it's free! (Free)

4. Sprinkle.
A really interesting physics-based puzzler, its fairly simple to learn but more difficult to master. The goal is to put out the various fires set across the playing field using your water cannon. The gameplay is super-fluid (no pun intended) and very well polished with great graphics and really realistic water modelling. It's quite fun, interesting, and overall is a great game. It's also optimized specifically for Tegra (its in the Tegra Zone). ($1.49)

5. Moboplayer.
A great little video playing app, it can search for video files in various locations that you specify (including external storage) and play them fairly seamlessly. It lacks congruent, simplified organization; but it still does the job well and it works. (Free)

6. Google Earth.
Always good to have, it gives you a complete view of the Earth as well as including 3D buildings (with textures) for larger cities. A really great app, overall. (Free)

I can probably think of some others as well, but these basic apps for me.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Evernote for me is becoming my most used app.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Over at a sister (or perhaps 2nd cousin) forum TransformerForums.com we have a long running thread with recommended apps. Feel free to check it out for suggestions. It is all up to what you want to do with your transformer.

Must have Apps on the Asus Transformer

ziffos

Apr 17, 2011
Heres mine:-

Stock Browser
You Tube
QuickPic

Lock Screen
Bluetooth Widget
Dual Battery Widget
tv24.co.uk
PicSpeed Wallpaper