What are you using to root the SYTABEX7-2

Cat88Extreme

Mar 15, 2011
I've searched and can't find what app people are using to root the Sytabex7-2.

On a side note I'm pretty impressed with this new version. I have the ex7 and 7lp and this one seams to be much improved including the manual that came with the device. I'm in the process of setting up three of these new tablets for my nieces/nephews. Is there anything I shouldn't do that we did to the ex7 and 7lp models? I wasn't even going to try to get the android market working, I will just give them amazon and getjar. Thank you in advance for your help/suggestions on this new tablet.

Side note, I haven't really been around for a while since I purchased a HP Touchpad. My 7lp probably feels very neglected.

Cat88Extreme

Mar 15, 2011
I wanted to make sure the same app works prior to using it. I have heard of people using the wrong app to root an android device and brickiing the device.

rbkruspe

Dec 11, 2011
I just accomplished rooting my SYTABEX7-2 tonight with the use of UniversalAndroot_1.6.1.apk
I was also able to install Google Market by using this com.android.vending-1.apk

Wow. I have to say that I registered just to thank you for these. I did not think the market was possible. You kinda gave me a birthday gift =)

As for Androot, I plan to use it because I am quite disappointed in the battery life and maybe I could get some stuff off the device and use some apps to optimise the system which require root and so on. I realise a lot of my issues would be fixable at least somewhat by rooting but my fear of it failing for whatever reason still remains. This Sylvania EX7-2 is def. different than its predecessors and I just am not sure yet what those differences are, aside from stuff being more compatible, like your marketplace apk for instance.

What have you done since rooting your tablet?

EricSimon1980

Dec 4, 2011
Wow. I have to say that I registered just to thank you for these. I did not think the market was possible. You kinda gave me a birthday gift =)

As for Androot, I plan to use it because I am quite disappointed in the battery life and maybe I could get some stuff off the device and use some apps to optimise the system which require root and so on. I realise a lot of my issues would be fixable at least somewhat by rooting but my fear of it failing for whatever reason still remains. This Sylvania EX7-2 is def. different than its predecessors and I just am not sure yet what those differences are, aside from stuff being more compatible, like your marketplace apk for instance.

What have you done since rooting your tablet?

I have not done much with this since my last post. I have been fairly busy with work and have not had the time to play around much. I will let you know that my device came up saying that an update was available for the system and I did that and it lost the root and everything that I had installed on the tablet. This was pretty frustrating but I was still able to use the same procedures to re-root and install android market.

lorenii

May 2, 2011
I just tried it on my SYTABEX7-2 (bought in Nov 2011) and it did not work :(.... any other suggestions?
My firmware is "DG 2.2.1-7a3.b5"
hardware: 11.2.3.1

momchi

Dec 25, 2011
Didn't help -- it failed to root it. After creating the scripts (all were OK) it said "Installing the toolkit..." then :
"Failed! No ~~~ Fu goo ~~~"
:(
Can not use SuperOneClick either because can not put it in USB debug mode (PC does not detect it, so can not install drivers also)...
? Any other suggestions?

momchi

Dec 25, 2011
Ok, after too much pain it is 1:40am and the UniversalAndroot-1.6.2-beta5 failed to root it, BUT the SOFT rooting SUCCEEDED!

(... was able to install google's market app from the link above, see later post)

Last edited:

lorenii

May 2, 2011
Try soft rooting it using superandroot, you might have to try 2-3 times, then unroot and try full root and again, it may take 2-3 times. It didn't work right off the bat for me either.

lorenii

May 2, 2011
Ok, after too much pain it is 1:40am and the UniversalAndroot-1.6.2-beta5 failed to root it, BUT the SOFT rooting SUCCEEDED!
Unfortunately, after installing the Android Market Applcation -- it now asks for authentication... :( I am logged in with my Google account in YouTube and in Sync settings, but the market still does not accept it... :(
This is too much pain -- for a device that is too limited! Why do SYLVANIA makes it so hard, where the device is not even worth it? This is not wise by them... if people can not do it, they will not buy it! It is definitely a very limited device...
:(

It is an entry device. It is a tablet running Android and not a Google branded tablet. DigitalGadgets is working on getting a license for Adobe Flash, but from what I gather it is a huge deal getting a Google license, they don't want just any tablet to carry their branding and market. I think even Motorola ran into these issues when Zoom first came out...

Now for your problem: I had to rob (from my android phone) a copy of GoogleServicesFramework.apk and GooglePartnerSetup.apk and load them on my tablet to get it to work (I just grabbed all of the 'Google' stuff while I was there because I knew I would end up using the calendar, voice and contacts). You may have to clear the cache on your gmail and youtube and start over by logging into youtube first...

momchi

Dec 25, 2011
It is an entry device. It is a tablet running Android and not a Google branded tablet. DigitalGadgets is working on getting a license for Adobe Flash, but from what I gather it is a huge deal getting a Google license, they don't want just any tablet to carry their branding and market. I think even Motorola ran into these issues when Zoom first came out...

Now for your problem: I had to rob (from my android phone) a copy of GoogleServicesFramework.apk and GooglePartnerSetup.apk and load them on my tablet to get it to work (I just grabbed all of the 'Google' stuff while I was there because I knew I would end up using the calendar, voice and contacts). You may have to clear the cache on your gmail and youtube and start over by logging into youtube first...

Thank you Lorenii, this is a great idea (have an Android phone also).

Now, for the ROOTING -- after the SOFT root succeeded, I was able to install Google's market. The authentication error was a stupid glitch where I did not notice that after the soft root (for some reason?) my wifi was disconnected (yeah, I am loosing my attention after 1am :)... so... then I was able to install the market and many of the CPU root overclock apps. Unfortunately none of them supported this hardware/firmware, so this was not a win, but NEVERTHELESS the my SYTABEX7-2 is now ROOTED :) (SOFT only with the beta version of UniversalAndroot-1.6.2beta5)

I am onto trying to rooting hard as Lorenii suggested...

By the way, installed "LauncherPro" from Federico Carnales(thank you!) -- which runs much faster than the original and is MUCH more intuitive (not separating widget and apps screens!)...

Last edited:

momchi

Dec 25, 2011
Try soft rooting it using superandroot, you might have to try 2-3 times, then unroot and try full root and again, it may take 2-3 times. It didn't work right off the bat for me either.

Yep, who would think!???? I did try couple of more times to root it SOFT first, then just root with "soft checked out" with UniversalAndroot-1.6.2beta5 and it said it WAS ROOTED :).... who would think that you have to be not smarter, but more persistent to succeed... hmmm :)... this is generally not true in life... or... is it?