What are you using to root the SYTABEX7-2

bcomo

Dec 26, 2011
Can someone tell me what all this rooting is about? I'm not following any of it. My son just got the Sylvania Express 7' Tablet SYTABEX7 and we get a 505 error when trying to download games from SlideMe...Everytime we click on a game it says it isn't supported??? I'm so confused. Can anyone help me or tell me a better place to post this question? Do I need to root his tablet or something? I thought it would be much easier to get his tablet to work than this... Any help is greatly appreciated.

lorenii

May 2, 2011
Can someone tell me what all this rooting is about? I'm not following any of it. My son just got the Sylvania Express 7' Tablet SYTABEX7 and we get a 505 error when trying to download games from SlideMe...Everytime we click on a game it says it isn't supported??? I'm so confused. Can anyone help me or tell me a better place to post this question? Do I need to root his tablet or something? I thought it would be much easier to get his tablet to work than this... Any help is greatly appreciated.

No, you do not have to 'root' your tablet. Go to Amazon.com: Appstore for Android and in the upper RH corner is a box called "Getting Started" enter in your email and go from there! It will send you a link to download the Amazon Appstore.apk and you will have a ton more things to look at! SlideME is just overloaded right now. There were MILLIONS of people that got these tablets for Christmas and are trying to download from a server that was obviously built to handle 'hundreds'....

Compu_Guy

Nov 26, 2011
Didn't help -- it failed to root it. After creating the scripts (all were OK) it said "Installing the toolkit..." then :
"Failed! No ~~~ Fu goo ~~~"
:(
Can not use SuperOneClick either because can not put it in USB debug mode (PC does not detect it, so can not install drivers also)...
? Any other suggestions?

You might want to try the Androot 1.6.2 beta 5. I've used that on my SYTAB10ST and it has worked great. One thing to note though, it never has worked on the first time. I've always had to tell it to do it twice. The second time has worked like a charm. This is if I am doing a soft root or a permanent root.

Also, after disabling the phone.apk file, the speed and battery life on mine jumped dramatically. There is a thread here about it: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/sylvania-tablets/27061-renaming-stock-apps.html

Last edited:

Compu_Guy

Nov 26, 2011
joshuafry, you might want to start a new thread on your gallery problem. It isn't really related to rooting as this thread is. Also, some more description of what you are looking for would be great as well. Thanks!

deltasig91

Jan 3, 2012
The method outlined by EricSimon1980 worked for me also. My recommendation is not to rename the Phone.apk though because I have had problems with the InfoTM Home app ever since. I even re-installed it and had the same problems. Just my experience.

Jan 8, 2012
Finally got my sytabex7-2 to accept ad hoc network rooted with universal androot v1.6.1 from this thread and used zt-180 adhoc switcher from slideme app market worked like a charm.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2012
Hello im new to sylvania and tablet forum but have done many modifications to many android devices . this is my second android tablet from sylvania the first one i had to return due to some weird bug ive never seen on any android devices before the icons were all blue without applying a theme or any other mods which is weird i did a factory reset through settings it worked but got stuck on lockscreen and stock launcher kept force closing well im thinking it had something to do with busybox i installed it through stericsons installer from the android market. Seems adobe flash is installed on this device but icon is hidden and it doesnt seem to work. Was also wondering if anyone has done a sytem dump so we can get a decent look at the scripts and deodex the apks. I also tryed to run ubuntu on this device i know this device runs off a arm11 processor so the problem i have had before was ubuntu no longer supports arm processors so the apt-get repo is broken when using arm there is a fix for this if someone can get the loop0 device worrking the sytabex7-2 has a loop0 in dev/blockbut for some reson the scripts written to get chroot doesnt recognize it as a loop device if someone has more info on this maybe we can ge somemore info behind this i would like to get eclipse ide running on this so i can complile my android apps right on my tablet on the go. this tablet doent have a carrier so internet only works in proximity of a wireless network i couldnt handle this so i installed wirless tether on my g1 which i still use lol and installed ZT-180 adhoc switcher on my sytabex7-2 and now i can tether my g1 to my tablet internet everywhere so far i have had no problems switching between ad-hoc and Infrastructure the thing with ZT-180 is it takes about 2 min to accually start it is a black screen untill it finally loads . you must have root to do this i used universal androot v1.6.1 I cant wait till tech vendetta gets his rom and recovery working so i can play with his mods thank you to anyone willing to test and report on there device.