What do you use your Coby for?

driggs

Apr 22, 2011
I am still a newbie here, and was just curious as to what everyone is using their tab for. I went ahead and ordered the 7015 to replace an e-reader. That was to be it's primary goal anyway, but I have found some other uses as well...

Primarily, I use my device as an e-book reader, MP3 player (for the car), video player, picture frame, and portable gamer (Angry Birds/Sudoku/Bejeweled). If I want to surf the net, I am still pulling out my notebook or netbook, but it has been adequate the times I have tried surfing with it. I am extremely happy with my purchase. Is anyone out there doing much different with theirs? Am I missing out on anything...? Thanks!

juandpineiro

Apr 9, 2011
I am still a newbie here, and was just curious as to what everyone is using their tab for. I went ahead and ordered the 7015 to replace an e-reader. That was to be it's primary goal anyway, but I have found some other uses as well...

Primarily, I use my device as an e-book reader, MP3 player (for the car), video player, picture frame, and portable gamer (Angry Birds/Sudoku/Bejeweled). If I want to surf the net, I am still pulling out my notebook or netbook, but it has been adequate the times I have tried surfing with it. I am extremely happy with my purchase. Is anyone out there doing much different with theirs? Am I missing out on anything...? Thanks!

Nothing much different here... I also use it to read comics and manga. Also, for music and video, I would like to find an app to stream media from the library on my PC via WiFi. I use one called "Eyecon" that pretty much does the job, but it's very slow.

driggs

Apr 22, 2011
For streaming, you could try VLC. It works pretty well so far for me.

If you don't mind, what program are you using for your comics and manga?

Apr 28, 2011
I use mine for pretty much that. I Have only had mine since Wednesday,but have been reading the forum for weeks before and already knew what to do with my tablet once I got it. I also found something online caller Tunes remote. It synches with urn itunes and u can control it with ur tablet. I found it useful, but idk if there is an option to adjust volume yet. Still playing with it.

Sent from my MID7015A using Android Tablet Forum App

Apr 28, 2011
I am pretty sure, but not for sure, if is on tipstirs package. I think I found it on there but if not just Google it and u will find it

driggs

Apr 22, 2011
VLC has Android port now? Cool.. Where can I get it?
Actually, I was meaning to stream from your PC/Mac/Linux box to your Tablet, BUT check this out. It states that VLC for Android could be coming out in April, but their site does not list it as a download as of yet.

Apr 28, 2011
That is pretty cool... but either their running behind, or its April of next year

juandpineiro

Apr 9, 2011
For streaming, you could try VLC. It works pretty well so far for me.

If you don't mind, what program are you using for your comics and manga?

OOPS! Sorry for the late reply =P I use Comixology and Mango. Both are very nice readers (first for comics, second for manga).

mrbean1957

Mar 28, 2011
I use mine for after work, it gets all my emails with mail-droid. I send texts with it and then I fire up Pandora and let it go.

I really enjoy this case with the built in keyboard.

Sketch_Says

Feb 6, 2011
I'd say your original post covers quite a bit of it. I use mine primarily for news reading, e-books, email, and videos... lots and lots of videos. Wicked turned me on to the Freemake.com video converter and I've found that it converts a lot of sources really well. I use the 720p settings and I've got great quality videos that play very smoothly.

I have not had the success with music that most have. I've never overcome the "doesn't automatically see the SD card" issue. I can play music one song at a time but other than that, no go. I do also use this to surf. My Netbook is my real source for serious on the go computing but my Coby is absolutely my relaxing/surfing toy. I can just lounge around and surf, read, watch, or anything else... I'm really finding that it's a great tablet. Best $150.00 I ever spent.

Sketch J. O'Brien
Jacksonville, FL

eruby

May 17, 2011
i feel so new to this whole tablet thingee. as a computer science wiz-kid of the '80s, i was doing all kind of machine language programming but my career moved me up into management and time constraints causes you to loose your technical edge. this is my 1st really mobile access device. sure i've always had a laptop and smart phone for work but never had a personal device. i got mine thru my bank's credit card rewards program. it was basically a no cost item so i thought i would try it. it has not arrived yet but i joined the forum and have been reading up on what to do when i get it.

in my head, i was thinking i could do the following:

surf the net
email
map searchs
voip soft phone - i've seen some possible ways of doing this. i have a voip office phone that i think i may be able to do a shared line appearance with so i could possibly work from any wifi
games
mobile banking but after reading the post about the security holes of 2.1 this probably won't happen
messaging

Apr 28, 2011
eruby, u did the same thing I did, I joined the day I found out about the tablet, and I got it 2 weeks after that date. I had a LARGE list of apps I already wanted to install, and finished up that list a few days ago. It is a very customizable tablet especially with all the ROM choices, and many other customizable features. It is definitely worth the money, especially for u since u say it was almost free. I think you will enjoy this tablet. It is fairly easy to customize, my first android device, all ive had b4 it is a ipod touch 1G, which took a dump, my LG chocolate touch phone, My laptop HPG60, and a few other sh1tty computers. I havent rooted it yet, but am planning on it in the near future. So far it is very easy to customize and use. I also prefer Tipstir's ulitmate package of 282 apps. Here is a link for it: Log in It has got me alot of apps that i wouldve had to paid for (probably saved me $100+) also i prefer opera mobile app store mobilestore.opera.com what apps appslib doesnt have it does. I think and hope u will enjoy it!

Apr 28, 2011
Also, you will need to make an account with the above link to get the app package, it is worth it. It is tipstir's forum, he is also very popular within this forum if u havent heard of him already.

girlperson1

May 21, 2011
I have the 7024 and thus far, I use it to surf the web, get Email, and play a few games. If I can figure out how to get into Google's Android Market I might be able to install other stuff and get even more use out of it. I really like it, although it's a bit heavy for my taste, it pulls on my arthritic thumb while I'm holding it, but I can live with it.