What do you use your tablet for?

Mathematicz

Dec 3, 2011
I have a Dell Streak 7 with 3.2. Basically that's the question, I kinda think it was a waste of money, not because of the model, just a tablet in general. I find myself using it for YouTube, that's basically it. What do you use your tablet for?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Youtube/videos, email, internet and books. They are kinda of pricey fot the use until you think about the convenience of using them wherever you want and not having to go to the laptop or desktop or straining to see your phone. Tablets are still new but the prices are quickly dropping so that they are not such a waste of money for those tasks.

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
Hi Mathematicsz,

Welcome to the board, glad you joined us here. I am still researching our family's tablet purchase. But we're going to use it for email, google news, youtube, watching videos and listening to music. I think it's a good investment if you get a decent one. We're probably going to get the Coby MID1125 and it's going for about $220 right now on amazon, I just didn't want to pay $299 for the dell streak, or we'd have gotten one already.

jseah

Nov 21, 2011
In our family, all 5 of us has Android smartphones already, so I never really felt like we needed tablets. However, with all of the deals lately, the prices are good enough to warrant getting tablets. Took advantage of the BF Best Buy deals and picked up a Asus Transformer for myself, a Toshiba Thrive for the wife, and three Acer A500's for the kids (should be picking up the A500's this week). We've been using the tablets for gaming (games like Cut The Rope, Slice It, and Angry Birds are so much more enjoyable on a 10 inch screen), email, books (reading Kindle books are easier on the eyes on a 10 inch screen), and Amazon Prime videos. The funny thing is after using the tablet for any amount of time, looking at the screen on our phones afterward looks so tiny.

myadtviola

Nov 25, 2011
I just got my Toshiba thrive two days ago. I have had an android phone for three years starting with G1... and no computer.
I wanted a bigger screen for writing and reading. I have downloaded documents to go...
Really happy.
I really like the touchscreen interface. I really like android. Wi-Fi is everywhere, so plenty of cnmectivity without a mobile service.
I now have a ten inch computer that is really easy for me to use, easier than any desktop I ever had.

Sent from my AT100 using Android Tablet Forum